Suhr classic strat route

sugarlou

Silver Supporting Member
Are all the Suhr classic strat bodies routed for humbuckers ? Even the SSS models?

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
I believe the classic pros are routed for the pickups that originally come in the guitar. I also think that is the default when you custom order unless you specify otherwise. For example, I specified on mine that I wanted a HSH routing, but the guitar to be delivered as HSS. Suhr did it but it is noted differently on the build sheet.

Husky

There was another thread about this a month or so ago: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...s-routed-for-humbucker.1768757/#post-23057643

In the post I linked to, it was indicated that the Classic Pros are routed HSH. John Suhr liked the post, so I'm taking that to mean it's accurate.
They are currently HsH under the pick guard (Not Bathtub) for the Pro but there might have been a few in the beginning years ago that were not. Customs get cut for exactly what they are.

sugarlou

Silver Supporting Member
That's great news. My next guitar will be a Suhr classic.

Are the classic series nitro lacquer finished or poly?

Last edited:

handtrix

They are currently HsH under the pick guard (Not Bathtub) for the Pro but there might have been a few in the beginning years ago that were not. Customs get cut for exactly what they are.
Bathtub = swimming pool
prankster.gif

Trending Topics

Top Bottom