Suhr Classic T arrived!

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Reeek, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Reeek

Reeek Member

My Suhr ClassicT arrived today and man-o-man it is the best guitsr I have ever played or owned. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I said that about the Classic when I got that but there is such a thing of being bested and for my style and preferences, this is the bomb. Now I know what that Tele mojo is all about.

It's weird. It's like this is half single coil and half humbucker. Big, meaty but with awesome single coil twang and clarity. It seems like the pups are hotter than on the Classic.

I love the bigger neck on this guitar. The playbility is absolutley amazing.

Anyway, instead of raving about this now, I'll try to get pics posted then I'm rave about it some more.

This Classic T is the best guitar I have ever played in my 50 years on earth . . . so far.

2. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

3. suhr_rodney

suhr_rodney Supporting Member

Congrats! Suhr has opened my eyes to teles as well. I used to swear that I wasn't a tele guy... and now I have more than a few Suhr T's that are each KILLER in their own right. Enjoy that fabulous guitar. And we want PICS!!! :D

4. RMC519

RMC519 Supporting Member

Congrats! Looking for a standard in my near future. Geetar love is good love!-m

5. gregory70

gregory70 Supporting Member

I used to really dislike the Tele shape... then in a moment of irrationality, at the very last minute before my third Suhr Classic order went into production I changed it to a Classic T. It arrived about a month ago and it has completely changed my opinion of the Tele style. Tons of bite and sparkle. Very playable. I couldn't be happier with my decision!

Congrats on your new guitar!

6. gapple88

gapple88 Member

pics plse......

i must confess, i was bitten by the tele buy real hard in the last 2 weeks.:eek:

7. dbeeman

dbeeman Gold Supporting Member

Yep, Suhrs are about the best all around bolt on guitar for me.

Both of mine have "it". The Silent coil on my Strat is the bomb.

8. Den

Den Member

Congrats ... I keep thinking a Suhr Tele is going to be my next guitar.

9. Reeek

Reeek Member

I'm taking pics tonight and will have them posted to an album by tomorrow.

I just can't get over this guitar and how awesome it sounds and plays.

I swear, within 5 minutes of playing this guitar, ugly thoughts started to swarm around in my head. I started to think about selling some guitars and that's the truth . . .

I think this particular guitar is special too. It resonates and plays in a class by itself and the sustain is better than any guitar I own today, set neck or not. It just rings and rings forever, even while playing it totally clean.

John Suhr and Company, you make a world class guitar, period . . .

10. gregory70

gregory70 Supporting Member

I know this isn't really my thread, but I wanna show off my Classic T in Daphne Blue - it has redefined how I feel about tele's!

[​IMG]

11. dto

dto Member

Okay, it's been a couple of days now -- stop playing this guitar for a few minutes and post some pics. I know it's hard, but you can do it! :)

12. Reeek

Reeek Member

I know, I'm slacking. I went to a party last night. I'm taking pics tonight and will post tomorrow. Promise this time :)

13. JoeB63

JoeB63 Supporting Member

Reeeeeek - don't post again without pics!!! Stop teasing!

14. LightninBoy

LightninBoy Member

Those first two weren't bad at all - love the grain pattern on the body. Congratulations - I love my Suhr T!

15. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

16. Reeek

Reeek Member

Classic T
    One piece swamp ash body
    Hand cut only, no body contours
    1/8" body edge radius
    Even fat C neck carve, .880 - .960
    10"-14" radius
    Tusq nut
    Medium SS frets
    3 saddle vintage T bridge
    1.687 nut width
    Chrome hardware
    Gotoh Kluson gears
    Black, glossy Bakolite pickguard
    Tele Control Plate
    Tele electro cup socket
    Chrome knobs
    Chrome Neck T pickup
    Black Broadcaster Bridge Pickup
    Trans Tele Straw body color
    Abalone face, side dots and logo with gloss headstock

I'm still calling this the best guitar I have ever owned too . . .

I love the even fat C neck carve, .880 - .960 and 1.687 nut width a lot. I feel like I play much faster on this guitar than on my Classic with the standard neck carve and smaller nut width. I'm either going to sell the Classic and get another with the larger neck and nut width or send it to Suhr for a new neck.

17. Doug

Doug Member

Nice! I love my Suhr Classic S, and plan on getting a T someday. :AOK

18. gitman

gitman Member

i just got done installing a new middle pickup ( non-RW/RP ) and the silencer-circuit in my new (used) Suhr guitar - wow. i was convinced of the quality of this guitar before but now, with the noise almost completely gone it's a total joy. i don't know exactly how old it is since i got it used and it belonged to a pro country picker who played it a lot in the last 4 years - so he said. the frets are steel, neck size a med C and there are also no extra cutouts on the body. the guitar is very light but not hollow. the trem floats a little above the top and even though the typical tele-twang is missing ( no ashtray bridge ... )
    the Broadcaster pickup in the rear does give me a nice bite with good bottom end. i do have a "real " Tele , made up of Warmoth parts, that i put together 13 (!) years ago and with the DiMarzio Virtual Vintage Tele pups it delivers nicely - my next Suhr will be a Tele again, and this time a classic !
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

19. cr8z4life

cr8z4life Silver Supporting Member

I have had Suhr Strats and in the end have gone with Tylers on that front (just a matter of taste and opinion....they are a little different) but with Tele's I believe John makes the best tele there is! I have a classic and might have to add a classic with a humbucker in the neck sometime in the future.....