Suhr Classic Ts...do they twang?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by pjwill, Jan 10, 2006.

1. pjwill

pjwill Silver Supporting Member

I have been interested in looking into one of these. I am a long-timeTele player. I have always played very traditional Teles with vintage bridges and three barrel saddles. That's where the "twang" comes from, right??? Do the Suhr Teles twang?

2. John C

John C Supporting Member

I've never played a Suhr tele-style (I used to own a Suhr strat-style), but unless the Suhr T-style has a trem (or either a humbucker or P-90 bridge pickup) it will have a traditional Tele bridge with compensated saddles.

3. JES1680

JES1680 Silver Supporting Member

Oh yeah. Mine Does, twang, spank, sparkle. Its tight!:D
    I believe that the classic bridge is the key. I played a few with tremolos that just didn't have "it".

[​IMG]

4. Mutley

Mutley Supporting Member

I just traded my Suhr ash/maple blackguard for a Suhr alder w/maple top and RW board and bucker in the neck position. It twangs, gets that compressed country tone and rocks big time. Amazing guitar.

5. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

I'm not sure what in the same hell Twang means but I can personally voucher that a Suhr T will do everything a Telecaster can do. If you want to TwAnG like the Buckaroos then God help us all...however, if you must, rest assured the Suhr can take you there.

6. pjwill

pjwill Silver Supporting Member

Why Hell Yes! I am talkin' Twang like the Buckaroos.:AOK What's wrong with that? And I can see that Jes1680's does. Looks like a tradditional Tele bridge with compensated brass saddles to me. I am talking about this Suhr over on the Emporium here:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=123732

Is this a Classic T and what in the heck is the pup doing floating in that body without a metal bridge? Does this Twang?:confused:

7. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

I played one in a store in Atlanta a couple months back. It twanged before I plugged it in! It was perhaps the finest, most well-built guitar I've ever touched. I had to put it down and walk away, because I saw myself trading all my gear to be able to get it!

Oh yeah - plugged in, it's all TELE!!!

8. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

The Suhr I owned was an ash/maple 50's style - no tummy cuts. It was an eggsellent machine. I did like my heavily modded Nocaster better but the Suhr was not far off. It was Nancy fat but had a dang fine tone control so those jangly sounds were always a pinky away. I don't really think the bridge is the magic bullet because I've played Anderson's that sounded plenty...err...twangalicious. That chambered Suhr is a looker but I suspect a balanced and biggs sound with lessÂ…errÂ…twangyness. Dig it, though. A lot.

9. Gerald Johnson

Gerald Johnson Member

Hell yeah - mine sounds more like a tele than a tele does!

Gerald.

10. JES1680

JES1680 Silver Supporting Member

Mines a very versitle guitar as well. I hate to say this, because I have 7 other very nice guitars ,but none of them are getting much (if any) time since my Suhr arrived. I love the mild V neck!!
    It will do country twang to Hard Rock. Amazing hunk a wood.

11. Roach

Roach Supporting Member

I have an Ash body Classic T with the three-barrel bridge. It does the twang for sure. Very clear and sparkly I might add. And the neck PU is one of the most open and nicest I've heard.[​IMG]