Suhr Classic (w V60's) and Guytron GT100-FV

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by cochese, Dec 24, 2009.

1. cochese

cochese Supporting Member

Here is a video of one of my originals. The gear used is my Suhr Classic with V60 pickups and the SSC system. Guytron GT100-FV (A or clean channel only), THD Cab with Celestion Classic 80's, and I use a Boss GE7 as a boost for most of the song except the into.

Recorded with Cubase 4, Motu 828 MKII, Great River mic pre and a Royer mic.

2. Ed-Venture

Ed-Venture Member

Absolutely awesome sound and playing, Chris. I have the cd and it's awesome.

3. Dave_C

Dave_C Supporting Member

Beautiful! Love it! Great playing and tone. Used to own a Guytron and really dug it. Also currently own a Suhr Custom Classic. How do you keep it in tune while using the whammy so much! I've tried everything short of Black Tusq and it still goes sharp after using the bar.

4. cochese

Thanks Ed and Dave. As for keeping the Suhr in tune there are a couple of things. My trems are not set up to float. When my guitar was built I told John that I set my trem flush to the top of the guitar so it will only go down so they put an extra block of wood in the cavity so the block has a stopping point. I also use Big Bends nut sauce.

5. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

Interesting picking, been playing more and more without the pick recently myself..

6. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

Wondeful! Moves along really well, great ending!

7. GDS Racing

GDS Racing Member

Whoa, Chris that sounds great! Thanks for posting.

8. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

Hey Chris -

Well Merry 'Freakin Christmas to Us, Dude - sincerely!

Jeez Chris, that vid has everything. Great tune, the touch dynamics of the amp and guitar combo are simply dazzling and easy to see and hear, your taste, note selection and touch are wonderful, relaxed but intense execution of the solo.

****, you sound like a pro (GRIN). Sincerely Chris, that's a wonderful example of a great player and writer, a great amp and a great guitar. I'm stoked!

I'm particularly taken with your right hand -you lighten up your touch at one point and the gain sound cleans up a bit as you play - it's at 1:40 or so, you play Bb-C-D - and then dig back in for more lead playing. Oh, I just listened again - you do it at about :40 too. That's a perfect example of cleaning up the sound by lightening up on your touch, and it shows off the amp's ability to respond to touch too. The Suhr Classic guitar shines here too - who says you can't get usable gain tones from a Strat bridge pickup? And the neck pickup sounds great too.

Guess I can stop drooling now (GRIN).

Really good job, excellent playing and songwriting, thanks, Dana Olsen

9. cochese

Thanks so much again guys for all the kind words. Dana you are too kind. Yeah the Guytron works really well for someone like me that really likes to play the amp. The SSC system on my Suhr was quite helpful as well as my studio has some serious noise issues. I need to have my electrical system upgraded to a new panel box. Hum city.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Anyway I'm playing my last weekend in Costa Mesa Ca, and then we are off to Sacramento on Monday.

Thanks for watching.

10. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

11. Dr Git

Dr Git Member

Truly awesome all around Chris...Congrats on the cool piece

12. Sir Douglas T

Sir Douglas T Supporting Member

Great playing Chris I love the tone of the Suhr/Guytron mix.- Sir Douglas T ;)

13. phalanges

phalanges Member

From hearing your bassman/wreck clips, I knew this would be good, but that was....
    Wow!
    What a great, open sounding rig.
    Of course, your playing is making it happen.
    Good on ya.

14. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

Chris
    Youre playing and tone are simply beautiful!
    Im left speechless, as I cant do justice in words to what my ears are hearing.The Guytron and Suhr sound great too.
    Hope the new gig is coming along great.

15. cochese

Thanks guys. I appreciate everyone taking the time to look and listen. The gig is going well "O". We're in Sacramento this week.

Happy New Year everyone.

16. Wagster

Wagster Member

That was excellent. I love your touch and phrasing. The Guytron's have have the best clean/semi clean tone of any amp switcher that I've heard.