Suhr classic with tremolo (2-point vs 6 screws), if you don't use the tremolo.

riscado

Ok, so a bit of an odd one.

I'm thinking about eventually getting a Suhr classic antique. I considered getting a hardtail (custom made), but I do like the added reverberation/tones I get from having the tremolo springs on my strats.

I hardly (if ever) ever use tremolo and I also don't deck it or block it. But I do like the effect on the overall response of the guitar.

For this type of usage would you go with a 2-point knife edge 510-sf1 or the 6 screws 510-sf2?

Thanks

Benz2112

Memba?
Gold Supporting Member
I don't see the point to the 2 point bridge if you aren't going to use it, otherwise it is basically a wash. A 6 point with 5 springs is a really nice strat bridge setup, sounds great with my Silver Sky.

vladorg

Gold Supporting Member
I'll just chime in as an owner of a bunch of Suhrs, IMO the six-screw bridge does sound different than the 2-point trem. Not worse or better, but there is a difference to my ears.

crazymauler

Gold Supporting Member
If you want to keep the trem for tonal reasons w/o actually using it, what about something like the Tremol-No?

6 screw all the way

6 contact points vs. 2

I thought the Classic Antiques were only available with the 2 point though?
I need to check out Suhr's website- apparently it's been too long :D

OotMagroot

I have Strats with both - and on at least one of them had both 6-screw and 2 point trems (had 6, filled and drilled to 2). Minor sound difference. I prefer the sound of the 6-screw. I've only auditioned Suhrs with 2-point trems, but I'm sure the 6-screw trem would be top notch.

If I was custom ordering one today........6 screw, yo!

All my Suhr guitars have 2 point strat trems with bent steel saddles. Dont use them, but I float them for break angle reasons. Also like the tone.

ablue

Gold Supporting Member
6 screw all the way

6 contact points vs. 2

I thought the Classic Antiques were only available with the 2 point though?
I need to check out Suhr's website- apparently it's been too long :D Good question. Break angle is a factor too My Classic Antique roasted neck and jumbo SS frets rings out like craze unplugged and even more plugged. 2 post

dazco

Twice i have tried 2 and 6 point bridges on the same guitar. I really hear a big difference. The 6 sounds wider, bigger, more transparent. I won't even consider a 2 post anymore. Some feel different but thats my take.

candid_x

Silver Supporting Member
If I intend to deck I'll choose a 6 screw. If to float, I prefer a 2-point.

riscado

on my 6-screw I always angle the bridge, just because I like the angle a bit better for the overall setup/playability. I doubt the 6 contact point make such a big difference. Maybe the fact that they aren't posts but rather screws makes a bigger difference.

But ok, I get the picture. Thanks for the opinions.

Trending Topics