• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

suhr color preferences

fatoni

im about to pull the trigger on a custom modern with a baked maple finger board. i was thinking of going with a faded trans green flame top and a lavender back but that a bit extreme. before i drop the money, i was just wondering if you guys have any fancy color options and jazz like that. thanks.

RossNRoll

definitely do a search for "suhr" on here and you're bound to find a ton of custom finish options that you'll want to consider

I woudn't go with a clashing color for the back, though. go natural or match the top, IMO

let us know what you go with!

artguy47

Ol' CuRmUGeOn
Have a Suhr Standard in Chili Pepper burst, black back, with no faux binding, a set neck modern in Aquaburst, kinda a tropical ocean green-blue, with a golden brown back. And a new setneck, due any day, in Sandstorm. (Last two are quilts, first was a flame maple. BTW: Both my earlier guitars had ebony boards)

Agree, find green and purple tooo odd of a color combination. Should you ever want to sell, you'll find that there is a very limited market for that color combo.

Belive Rocketmusic.net has a good selection of colors in their sold gallery, and Dan is a great guy to deal with. Might be worth checking them out. Not sure if Suhr got their color gallery back up on the new site, yet, but may also be worth checking.

Wanted to post pictures, but photobucket won't let me copy the images! Any suggestions for a better photo hosting site?????

Last edited:

Jim777

Trans Purple Burst with a Trans White/May Kay ash back. Love this wood and color combo.

mxk116

Gold Supporting Member
Trans Purple Burst with a Trans White/May Kay ash back. Love this wood and color combo.

Jim777; I'm with freedom, what a wonderful wood and color combination! Wow!!

I have a Suhr Modern Carve Top with the Mary Kay finish over a one-piece maple top. The body is bound in black with a solid white back. Love a Mary Kay finish in general but yours is extraordinary.

mattpeyton

I purchased one of those satin moderns at NAMM party. Natural khaya mahogany I think. As a former fancy finish guy myself never before has plain sounded good!

fatoni

I really like their Whale Blue Burst color.

there have been some super cool colors but i recently saw a whaleburst with a flame top and think that might get me. is that a roasted maple neck/board? if you could take a pic with that showing that would be awesome since aside from the quilt top and 510 (and maybe chrome knobs), its about the exact guitar i will be buying.

Bruce Lychee

I tend to stick with colors that they can do in thin skin. Also send a picture if you are doing a custom order. Colors, especially the trans fade finishes, can vary based on what I have seen.

scarred

there have been some super cool colors but i recently saw a whaleburst with a flame top and think that might get me. is that a roasted maple neck/board? if you could take a pic with that showing that would be awesome since aside from the quilt top and 510 (and maybe chrome knobs), its about the exact guitar i will be buying.
Yes,it's a roasted birdseye maple neck/fretboard.

ChazMania

Gold Supporting Member
My first Suhr was a Custom Standard in Trans Grey, insane finish over maple top. I wish I still had that guitar.

Never been a fan of quilted flame tops or crazy colors, or strata for that matter. But people sure love Suhr guitars.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom