Suhr DSV or DSH+

cr0wnest

Hope someone can enlighten me on this.
I intend to upgrade my old HSS squier strat with Suhr ML standards in the neck and middle, but cant decide on the DSV or DSH+ for the bridge. From what I've read the DSV is rather medium output with plenty of vintage warmth and they should complement the ML's with no problem. The DSH+ is much hotter but has a smoothened highs, but will probably over power the MLs.

The genres I play are mostly blues and all forms of rock, but i mostly intend to do hard rock on this particular build, and for that I am leaning towards the DSH+ for its higher output, but I've heard the DSV is also very versatile.

In my current situation which would be a better choice? Does the DSH+ really overpower the single coils that much? I also intend to run them split so that has to be taken into consideration as well. Or will the lower output DSV be sufficient enough for my needs?

calpa94

I don't see it either. Maybe it was discontinued. You really can't can't go wrong with any of his pickups. I'd email suhr and ask for a recommendation based on your needs and the amp you use.

Matt L

I would probably go for either SSV+ or DSV+

As mentioned, hard to go wrong with anything Suhr, but those seem like they would pair up with the singles better. I had an ML/ML/SSV setup, which was great. I've also done a Lollar Blackface neck/middle/SSH+ setup, and the bridge was much louder.

cr0wnest

I don't see it either. Maybe it was discontinued. You really can't can't go wrong with any of his pickups. I'd email suhr and ask for a recommendation based on your needs and the amp you use.
Right, I just contacted them, hopefully I get a response soon.

After hearing this demo which has the ML/ML/DSH+ config I'm less worried about the volume differences. In fact i dont hear any huge volume differences as he cycles through the pickups. Or could this guitar possibly be wired differently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS1fhhUDKpo