Suhr Even C Slim vs. Fender Am Dlx Strat neck

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jazzpunk, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Jazzpunk

Jazzpunk Member

I own an AmDlxStrat and have ordered a Suhr Antique Classic with Even C slim neck (.800-.880 )....i like the Fender neck overall,just a tad thin and wide for me....could anyone please tell me who has owned or played both what i could expect from the Suhr Even C Slim neck compared to the Fender AmDlx ? Any thoghts greatly appreciated.....dont live in the U.S so its gonna be a while before i get the Suhr,feedback will help...thanx ...

2. freedom's door

freedom's door Supporting Member

The Fender is 1.687 nut width- what is the width on the Suhr you ordered? If it's 1.65, you'll like it, as it's a tad narrower than the Strat. As far as thickness, i think the Suhr neck will be a little thinner, but not by too much. I could be wrong on that, it's been a while since i sold my AmDlx...
    From what you say though, i think you'll find the Suhr neck nice and comfy.

3. mattmccloskey

mattmccloskey Supporting Member

the width will be partly due to nut width. The fender deluxe is 1 11/16ths. What nut width did you order on the suhr?
    The suhr even C slim is pretty thin. I think if you find the fender too thin you might prefer the suhr medium or 60's standard - not real beefy necks but just a touch more meat.

4. Jazzpunk

Jazzpunk Member

Good news on the nut width then...coz the Suhr is 1.650....just worried about the thickness now, the guitar has already been purchased,not on order,so cant really change anything now,but yes,from the site specs i would have loved the even c medium...apparently Andy Timmons checked out my bud's Standard Pro S3 and loved the neck...its just so personal...welll...maybe i'll get a custom neck from Suhr someday to replace on this guitar,but its a heavy aged fiesta red antique,will be tough to match finish...thanx for the inputs guys

5. mattmccloskey

mattmccloskey Supporting Member

when did you order it? if it has not been long they might not have even cut the neck yet and could change the spec.

6. Jazzpunk

Jazzpunk Member

Matt, the guitar has been bought and shipped...no can do on any customization,was bought from bostonguitarworks