Suhr Extra Slim C Necks around Northern Los Angeles/Ventura Counties to Try Out?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Lounge Fly, May 22, 2019.

1. Lounge Fly

Lounge Fly Member

Howdy Suhr Folks,

I am on a quest to find the right neck for my next guitar (at least at this point in my guitar playing experience).

I traveled to all the local shops and I also traveled up to San Jose to try out Pete Thorn’s Signature model (which is a really great playing, feeling and sounding guitar) but after trying out a $800 Jem neck I had a wow moment (yes I am struggling with limited reach, etc.).

So I’m hoping someone out there has an extra slim C neck on a Suhr and will be kind enough to allow me to try it out. I’ll buy lunch, dinner or bring some beer (or both).

I sing and play (mainly rhythm guitar but starting to expand out) blues and rock and although the Jem is nice it’s not the image I’m looking to portray at these venues and I’d also prefer supporting Suhr as Pete’s been an amazing person to me and John and his company seem to be fighting the good fight here in CA and I want to support them.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

freedom's door likes this.
  2. FiestaRed

FiestaRed Gold Supporting Member

You probably want something closer to the neck on the Suhr modern

Lounge Fly and freedom's door like this.
  3. freedom's door

freedom's door Member

First try and figure out if it's the thickness on the Ibanez, that you like, or the "D" shape, or both.
    AFAIK the only "D" shape neck Suhr makes is the Scott Henderson.
    If the thin aspect is what you prefer, then Suhr's slim, or extra slim might be to your liking. I've never played a Modern, so I can't comment on that neck shape.

Lastly, although I admire your intentions for wanting to get a Suhr, your #1 priority should be getting the best guitar for you, and Ibanez has lots of models with necks similar to the Jems, but with much different looks.

Good luck in your search.

J Factor, Lounge Fly and flantrax like this.
  4. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Extra Slim C might be difficult to find.
    But you could probably find the C Slim carve.
    Check MesaBoogie Hollywood. They're a Suhr dealer.
    Maybe Craigslist?

5. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

I know this might not be how you want to go but here’s an option...Warmoth makes a Wizard neck that’s super thin like the Ibanez’s(.750 @ 1st fret) you can also choose your nut width as well.

It might be a cool compromise. Then you could design one cosmetically to fit your blues rock style with the playability of the Ibanez. You could even put Suhr pickups, similar hardware, ect...

Lounge Fly and freedom's door like this.
  6. RayRay

RayRay Silver Supporting Member

I’ve got a couple slimmer neck suhr moderns if you want to try them. PM me

Lounge Fly and flantrax like this.
  7. Lounge Fly

Lounge Fly Member

Wow, thanks a bunch everyone. All sorts of great feedback. I really wasn't expecting this so thank you all again.

Will be acting upon all this advice and see what comes from it. Maybe build my first guitar for the fun of it too. Hope you are all enjoying some zen moments with your guitars at the moment. Best Regards

8. Lounge Fly

Lounge Fly Member

Hello all. It seems a moderator moved my thread to a different forum. I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with trying out a Suhr Extra Slim C neck? Thank you