Suhr Fret Issues

snooze

You don't have to delete anything, I was looking for the other persons post you replied to and couldn't find it.
If you are having an issue though you could just PM me and I'll see what I can do to make things right.
Thanks

I quoted it in my reply so you should see it. Now it looks like I messaged out of the blue today but I actually replied to @MISCONFESS.

Zado

Most of them had inconsistent fret end finish: some were not buffed and roughly finished, one was clean but weirdly enough, the bevel was kind on inconsistent (first time I saw that on a Suhr!), and some had the string very close to the fretboard edge which made the high E string fall off easily.

Sounds a lil vague. Roughly finished? Which part of the guitar? A specific spot or in general?

Also if it was a bolt-on model there are chances the neck moved a little during the shipping, and it's something you can easily fix by adjusting the neck after unscreweing the bolts by few turns.

snooze

Sounds a lil vague. Roughly finished? Which part of the guitar? A specific spot or in general?

Also if it was a bolt-on model there are chances the neck moved a little during the shipping, and it's something you can easily fix by adjusting the neck after unscreweing the bolts by few turns.

Before I clarify, let me just state that I hate having to criticize Suhr. As I said I’m a huge fan (I only buy Suhr guitars btw!!) and I know John is trying to be on top of everything. And I think when he is involved, things get done with the highest standard. And these days we need to stick together, not divide ourselves. So I really hope my post will not be seen as bashing Suhr for no reasons.

So my Suhrs all have flawless fret work. I understood that Suhr is trying to move away from mirror finish frets since it can create risk but that is not what I’m referring to. I’ve seen a bunch of Suhr lately that the fret bevel (I think it’s how it’s called) was roughly finished. You could see mark on it. Like it the polishing was not done. They still sounded great and all. But it was not as smooth as I’m used to. I wish I had taken photos.

I guess in the end it depends who do the job. But I would have expected that all fret jobs would be standardized? Maybe John can chime in and explain why there are discrepancies that goes beyond minor differences?

And again, this is my experience. I’m usually very picky and that’s why I really like Suhr. They are usually almost perfect! So maybe my expectations have been set too high! :)

Husky

Neck alignment means something happened in shipping and is not typical whatsoever. I can't explain something that I'm not experiencing. I don't know anything about the fret issues you are talking about though, I don't know how old the instruments are or what dealer, I've hinted this would be helpful so we can see what the issue is. These comments are not par for the course and customer issues have dropped off dramatically over the last few years and our metrics prove that our quality has done nothing but improve over the last 3 years especially. We have changed our bevel process in the last year especially to eliminate any imperfections and they are final buffed, I don't understand the comment about moving away from a polished fret. If you truly want to help then just contact us or me directly as I have said before and let us know where these guitars are so we can get to the bottom of it.
Thanks
Before I clarify, let me just state that I hate having to criticize Suhr. As I said I’m a huge fan (I only buy Suhr guitars btw!!) and I know John is trying to be on top of everything. And I think when he is involved, things get done with the highest standard. And these days we need to stick together, not divide ourselves. So I really hope my post will not be seen as bashing Suhr for no reasons.

So my Suhrs all have flawless fret work. I understood that Suhr is trying to move away from mirror finish frets since it can create risk but that is not what I’m referring to. I’ve seen a bunch of Suhr lately that the fret bevel (I think it’s how it’s called) was roughly finished. You could see mark on it. Like it the polishing was not done. They still sounded great and all. But it was not as smooth as I’m used to. I wish I had taken photos.

I guess in the end it depends who do the job. But I would have expected that all fret jobs would be standardized? Maybe John can chime in and explain why there are discrepancies that goes beyond minor differences?

And again, this is my experience. I’m usually very picky and that’s why I really like Suhr. They are usually almost perfect! So maybe my expectations have been set too high! :)

Last edited:

snooze

Neck alignment means something happened in shipping and is not typical whatsoever. I can't explain something that I'm not experiencing. I don't know anything about the fret issues you are talking about though, I don't know how old the instruments are or what dealer, I've hinted this would be helpful so we can see what the issue is. These comments are not par for the course and customer issues have dropped off dramatically over the last few years and our metrics prove that our quality has done nothing but improve over the last 3 years especially. We have changed our bevel process in the last year especially to eliminate any imperfections and they are final buffed. If you truly want to help then just contact us or me directly as I have said before and let us know where these guitars are so we can get to the bottom of it.
Thanks

I’ll write you with the details John.

You are showing again that you are action oriented!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom