suhr + gigbag?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by neastguy, Nov 8, 2005.

1. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

well when my Suhr comes in next month, I was thinking I should get a nice gigbag....its so easy to bang up those cases, I know its kinda defeating the purpose but Ive always like gigbags...any suhr classic compatible gigbag suggestions?

2. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

I have a Levy gigbag...lots of thick padding on the inside and leather on the outside.

3. pluto

pluto Member

Reunion Blues. Very pricey, but it's worth it. Very sturdy and tons of form fitting padding. I dropped that bag a couple of times with a guitar in it, and nothing happened to the guitar.

4. prsflame

prsflame Member

+1 for the Reunion Blues. I have both the single, and the double gig bags. The durability and high quality is worth the price tag. My Suhr's fit comfortably, with no trouble :)

5. HHB

HHB Member

don't get a Ritter, mine fell apart after 6 months of gigging

6. ToneLounge

ToneLounge Guitar Maker Silver Supporting Member

Levy's for everything in my quiver!

7. neastguy

i'll have to check out the double, LP on one side and suhr on the other

8. royd

royd Member

I think they have quit making them but the incase are head and shoulders above everything I've tried including Levys and Reunion Blues (both are very good bags but the incase is better)
    There is a bag from Protec called the contego that looks to be a clone of the incase thinbag that will probably be the next bag I purchase.

9. Occam

Occam Member

I could never use a gig bag even for my cheapy guitars. To me a gig bag is the last thing I'd take to a gig. When I can I get ATA's for everything, let them take the abuse and save the nice cases for at home.

10. neastguy

ata's =flight cases?

what kinda gigs are you playing ?

11. Occam

Occam Member

Just regular old small bars but gear is always getting piled together or people are spilling drinks on stuff....with a gig bag I'd feel compelled to walk around with my guitar the whole time and even then some drunk guy could easily crash into me.

12. royd

royd Member

I use a gig bag all of the time with my electric (incase) and even for a long time when I was playing the acoustic scene I carried my Lowden in a Reunion Blues. The only reason my acoustic is in a hard case now is because the RB was stolen, Lowdens are difficult to fit, and I can't justify another $200+ for a gig bag for an acoustic.

13. neastguy

thats cool, I always find a safe place for my gigbag, either being behind my amp or over by our mixing board, usually thats a no patron zone!! I'm more worried about my guitar sitting up on a stand in between sets....

14. 58relic

58relic Member

I have a Levy's double gigbag that I use for my strats and it's great! You can have them at reasonable prices, check eBay. Bolt on's will do fine, but set necks always cased.

15. Reeek

Reeek Member

Maybe I'm anal retentive but something about the thought of a Suhr guitar and a mere gigbag for protection sounds macabre.

16. Lex Luthier

Lex Luthier Member

I usually always use gigbags for my Fenders or Fender clones. They are pretty tough guitars.