• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Suhr guitar issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love suhr guitars and have 9 but until they can figure out what's wrong I recommend either another brand or staying away from their custom shop portion. I had two custom builds done both which took a little over a year to complete. One came completely ungrounded and took a few weeks to get suhr to take back since the dealer wouldn't step in. As of today that guitar has been on suhrs line for over 7 months. I understand a delay because of covid and whatnot but I was given the runaround more than once, part of its delay was the paint didn't match what I ordered and was repainted instead of asking me if the current color was okay.

That got me thinking, the other custom I ordered was supposed to match a different suhr, the color isn't even close. That guitar showed up with a presumed finish crack near the neck pocket however I understand that can happen in shipping. That made me realize I have 3 suhrs that haven't had some issue within the first year of owning them. Some issues include pots going bad, pickups shorting out due to the selector being too close to the backplate, colors being wrong, pickup selectors going bad.

All of that being said for the most part customer service was great aside from whatever bugs exist in their system.

That’s really unfortunate.

Why did you end up with nine of them, if at some point, six had issues?

Legit question.
I genuinely think they are amazing guitars and I do really love playing them. Some of the issues were a pot going bad or a switch not working after ~6 months to a year, I don't fault suhr for that. It's possible they got some bad pots or something, it's the other issues with the last 3 I bought that bother me, especially when I thought about it after being sent a confusing email this morning.

jcj

Silver Supporting Member
I genuinely think they are amazing guitars and I do really love playing them. Some of the issues were a pot going bad or a switch not working after ~6 months to a year, I don't fault suhr for that. It's possible they got some bad pots or something, it's the other issues with the last 3 I bought that bother me, especially when I thought about it after being sent a confusing email this morning.
Gotcha. I’m sure they’ll make it right, even if it’s not quite as quickly as you’d like.

I’m trying to cut everyone (including myself) a bit more slack these days; life is interesting, these days. :D

CanserDYI

As someone tagged before, Mr. Suhr is quite a regular on here and I'm sure will chime in soon.

I don't own a Suhr, but from what I've played, they're absolutely almost peerless, and my experiences with him here on TGP I'm sure this is just bad luck.

AnthonyL

Gold Supporting Member
You join today and this is your first post?

Plus, your sentence syntax is hard to decipher. What does this even mean?

“That made me realize I have 3 suhrs that haven't had some issue within the first year of owning them. Some issues include pots going bad, pickups shorting out due to the selector being too close to the backplate, colors being wrong, pickup selectors going bad.“

You join today and this is your first post?

Plus, your sentence syntax is hard to decipher. What does this even mean?

“That made me realize I have 3 suhrs that haven't had some issue within the first year of owning them. Some issues include pots going bad, pickups shorting out due to the selector being too close to the backplate, colors being wrong, pickup selectors going bad.“

Yes, someone had suggested I post on the form. Sorry if it's hard to decipher. I was trying to say of the 9 suhrs I own, only 3 have not come with or developed a problem. I was attempting to state some of the problems they either came with or developed shortly after.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
One came completely ungrounded and took a few weeks to get suhr to take back since the dealer wouldn't step in. As of today that guitar has been on suhrs line for over 7 months. I understand a delay because of covid and whatnot but I was given the runaround more than once, part of its delay was the paint didn't match what I ordered and was repainted instead of asking me if the current color was okay.
what the F am I reading?

You sent it back for a wiring problem and they ended up repainting a guitar that wasn’t the color you ordered and you’re upset they repainted it? But it was sent in for grounding?

Is this a parody of the @Gibson Dog thread that disappeared?

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
Every company can have issues with builds. It doesn’t matter who. You are dealing with wood, parts, machines, personalities, etc...etc....The nice thing is Mr. Suhr is on here frequently and really genuinely seems to give a care about his customers and his products. To me that is pretty great to have that resource here.

For the record, I don’t own any Suhr guitars. They are beautiful but simply not for me.

what the F am I reading?

You sent it back for a wiring problem and they ended up repainting a guitar that wasn’t the color you ordered and you’re upset they repainted it? But it was sent in for grounding?

Is this a parody of the @Gibson Dog thread that disappeared?

Sorry for the bad writing, I'm not great at writing this type of thing.
What happened was I ordered a custom Tele. I received the guitar completely ungrounded, where there was no way for them to fix it without a recut. I believe this stems from an issue during production where they pulled the guitar because they put the wrong bridge on it. They started the recut and at some point it was finished but the color didn't match the old one again this part is circumstantial since I don't work there but it I was told it wasn't close enough to the old one so they choose to refinish it again which added to the delay, during this time no one I spoke to seemed to know exactly what happened.
I sent the guitar to them 12/18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics