Suhr Hedgehog 50 and matching 2-12"

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabinets Demo Videos and Soundclips' started by sinasl1, May 27, 2015.

1. sulrichs

sulrichs Member

Cool amp and dang, that Tele....just awesome looking and sounding!

2. myles loud

myles loud Supporting Member

Hey Pete, am I correct in understanding that you can create a presets that might include preset 1 ... clean w no fx loop, and then preset 2..... boost, and fx loop, and when I switch from preset 1 to preset 2 the fx loop will be engaged just by clicking preset 2 button? if so, this makes this amp even more killer !!!

3. Jason_86_951

Jason_86_951 Supporting Member

Yep, any combination of the buttons can be stored to any of the 4 presets. Super versatile!

myles loud likes this.
  4. Jason_86_951

Jason_86_951 Supporting Member

The clean channel with a Celestion Gold is insanely good too. Takes on almost a Tweed characteristic.

5. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Yes that's right!

6. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

I can imagine that's sound great! I have a cab with an Atype and a blue, a bit under-powered for the Hedgehog but if I switched the blue to a gold.....

7. SigXer

SigXer Member

How do you have enough time to write a new piece of music for each demo? Regardless, it sure puts your demos head and shoulders above those provided by your peers. You're one of the best (possibly the best) demonstrators in the business.

8. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Thanks, so much! The songs are the fun part! Always a fun challenge to come up with a song, and it's good practice, keeps my production, playing, and writing chops up. I really enjoy it, I guess that makes it go pretty quick and makes it easier.

9. Skiptrip

Skiptrip Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Another killer demo and song, Pete! May I ask what software you use to build drums parts for your demos? Also, how would you compare the Hedgehog to the Badger 30 (another one channel amp from Suhr)? Thank you, sir.

10. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Pretty different tone than the Badgers- badgers are more "Brit" sounding to me, overall, be it the 18 or 30 or 35, and they have the cathode bias thing going on which has such a different sound/feel. I use Steven Slate Drums or Logic Drummer these days to build drum tracks, sometimes I use them together...

11. Skiptrip

Skiptrip Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Pete. Makes perfect sense!

12. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Ya, this was the year John got his "big bottle American 6L6" tone yaya's out, with the Hedgehog and Bella :) of course he got the PT100SE out there too. But ya the Hedgehog has that big, slightly scooped American clean thing and then a magic OD circuit.

13. Layne-o

Layne-o Supporting Member

Great video production and a nice tune to boot, Pete! Your demos sell gear! I'm happy to have bought some pedals and an amplifier because of your handiwork. I hope John & the crew at Suhr know that -

14. tvegas99

tvegas99 Silver Supporting Member

Really late to the party, killer video, great job!

I just saw the Ian Thornley vid on FB so I came looking for you Pete, sounds killer!

15. MrDoty

MrDoty Supporting Member

That telecaster dude, holy ****! it sounds amazing

16. big jilm

big jilm Member

GREAT playing, Pete! I think the tone you are getting with the 335 sounds incredible (well, with all your guitars, actually).

17. ToneSeeker1969

ToneSeeker1969 Member

To echo another member " I'm a little late to the party " however I'm a new member in search of a new 50watt amp that is in the $2000-$3500 price range, and gotten turned on to Redplate (which actually drew me to the TGP), and I just stumbled on this Hedgehog video. Wow, very impressed with the tones, playing, and ability to save settings. That is a very valuable feature for a gigging musician that doesn't want to be playing with knobs and switches during a gig! I'm assuming this would mean that it is a PCB and not PTP wiring? Does this amp run 6L6 tubes in this video? I don't recall if you mentioned that. Thanks... keep up the great vids!

18. ur2funky

ur2funky Supporting Member

Suhrs are built like tanks! This is my dream amp!

19. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Hi! Yes it's 6L6 tubes, and i agree- versatile yet simple elegant way to get numerous tones, without a million knobs!

20. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Thanks!