Suhr Hombre and Cutthroat Audio Down Brownie - Modern Day Brownface Fender Deluxes

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
I'll say, if a master volume isn't a need, the Hombre is great.
DB is a no brainier if you need quieter volumes, and the British channel is just a very sweet, awesome bonus. Honestly, as much as I dig the Brownface DLX thing, that British channel is where it's at for me.
The two channels combined is very much the pinnacle of what that amp can do, imo.
I hope anyone that gets either amp can play them at volume for hours. Glorious.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
I won’t sit here and rave about how good the sound of the DB is, this thread is full of that, and I agree, it sounds amazing. What I will say is that the master volume is the best I’ve heard on any amp, period. It’s just stunningly good. At 1/3 to halfway up the amps is more than tolerable for small practice rooms, and looses almost nothing in tone.
Knowing how much you love the Germino Masonette, since buying yours the first time you sold it, and knowing what the DB can do....
I'm not surprised by how much you dig this amp. It gets some of that Masonette greatness, sounding bigger and more complex than an 18 watt Marshall clone, while retaining the small amp charm.
The DB is a fantastic amp. Capable of all kinds of greatness.

ebenezer

Gold Supporting Member
Knowing how much you love the Germino Masonette, since buying yours the first time you sold it, and knowing what the DB can do....
I'm not surprised by how much you dig this amp. It gets some of that Masonette greatness, sounding bigger and more complex than an 18 watt Marshall clone, while retaining the small amp charm.
The DB is a fantastic amp. Capable of all kinds of greatness.
I do have a HUGE soft spot for the Masonette, but since owning the Down Brownie, I haven't missed it in the least bit. Don't get me wrong, the Masonette is an absolute stunner of an amp, but the DB just "does it" for me. Hopefully I won't be buying any Masonette's anytime soon..........but maybe :)

Trending Topics