Suhr Landau pickups the best I've used to date

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Burst59, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Burst59

Burst59 Member

I'm mostly a Les Paul guy but I gotta say these pickups are amazing and have put me back on my strat again. The tonal difference is like night and day.
    I installed them in my 65 Relic Time Machine strat and it's like a whole new guitar now. This strat went from good to great with the Suhr Lanau pickups.
    I'm using the standard set which are a bit hotter then the classics. I tested them through my Two Rock Emerald Pro,Soldano SLO and Bogner Ecstacy and they are phenomenal through all of them. They are fat thick and chunky but they sound just as good clean. I should have bought these a long time ago they are the best strat pickups I've used in the last 34 years hands down.
    Now they got me thinking of trying out their humbuckers as well.
    Anyway I'll try to get some video up through all three amps.
    So if your on the fence on these don't be they are outstanding.

2. GreyJazz90

GreyJazz90 Member

The Landau pickups are incredible indeed! I love their Tele pickups too. IMO Suhr makes some of the best, if not the best pickups on the market right now.

3. jzgtrguy

jzgtrguy Member

4. shredmiyagi

shredmiyagi Member

5. paulscape

paulscape Member

I like the standards too. The classics were a bit thin and bright for my tastes. Nice clear pickups.

6. Kzin

Kzin Member

How do they compare to the 60lp´s?

7. MR.K

MR.K Member

I've got a set of V60's in a parts Strat. I really like the Suhr Strat sound.

8. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

:agree I have all three ML (FL) Classics, standards & V60LP's. They all do something a little different..... All great.

My Classics are anything but thin in my ash/maple Antique. Splitting hairs but they may be my favorite.

9. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

They're so good, I bought a set without even having a guitar to put them in. lol

I also have a V54 set that was meant for my ash/maple American Standard, but I've actually been getting along with the stock pickups.

Every guitar that I've heard with Landaus sounded great, Suhr or otherwise. I figured that had to be the common link.

10. Hipster Dofus

Hipster Dofus Member

Not sure if I like them in my C1 yet. Going to lower them some tonight. The last strats I owned were 3 Fender EJs. Liked the pups a lot, but the Suhr plays better.

I have to say this Suhr has more Quack than any strat I've owned, ever, in 25 years..

11. tylerfreak

tylerfreak Member

Suhr makes GREAT singlecoils period. Put some in a Tyler and you will get amazing results!

12. Mickey64

Mickey64 Member

Got the ML Standards in a '94 Custom Shop Strat, and I love it. That guitar has seen at least half a dozen high end pickup sets, but these are staying put!