Suhr Pick ups..........

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by OldSchool, Jul 30, 2005.

1. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

2. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

I think the Suhr humbuckers are the best I've heard in an alder/ash solidbody. DSV neck, DSV+ bridge. I've used them a lot. They split really well.

The Suhr Tele pickups are excellent too. Certainly on my short list (along with the Lollar Specials) of Tele replacement pups.

The V60s were a little dark for my tastes, but that was a few years ago and I find I'm preferring darker Strat sounds these days. So maybe I should try them again...

3. elambo

elambo Member

I love the DSV. It's in the bridge of my Suhr LE and it sounds great in that guitar. Wouldn't want to change a thing about it.

4. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Thanks.......I sold the Bardens that came with this conklin becuase they were worth more then I liked them. To my surprise I found a swimming pool route in this wonderful cherrywood bodied guitar. So my Pick Up options have jumped dramaticly........I want to buy a complete wired harness from ACME and was wondering how the Suhrs stood up. You say they sound good split? I think I may have found my Pick ups................
    :cool:

http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/4587/conklin33aw.jpg

5. corgiears

corgiears Member

I had the V60's for a while, and as rh says, they were too dark for my tastes. I think there is a "low peak" set that was supposed to address that, but it's been a while since I've looked at them. It's hard to go wrong with anything produced bu Suhr though.

6. deeval

deeval Supporting Member

Replaced the Tele pup,s in my ash tele,with Suhr,s v60 LP and man they are sweet,I can get a great Les paul grind with a bit of overdrive,and great tele twang if needed these are great pup,s

7. wyldefan

wyldefan Silver Supporting Member

The SSH+ is one of the best pickups I have ever heard. It is similiar to the Duncan Custom but a little less output but much bigger and more defined.

8. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Wow..........definitely sounds like the way to go..........and you guys are right for the same price as the Suhrs I can get then completely wired & shipped for less than the other Boutique builders..........:dude

9. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Supporting Member

I have a set of V60LPs in my number one, I sold another strat with V60s a month or three ago. I had a tele with Fat Ts; I have a DSV bridge in another guitar.

I have nothing bad to say about Suhr pickups - they all are excellent quality especially for the price. You can't go wrong with any of these pickups, they rank as among my favorite pickups especially for strat.

10. paulydangerous

paulydangerous Member

I have V60LP's and they are the best pickups I've ever had in a Strat

11. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member

The Aldrich humbucker set are awesome. I use them with a coil split switch and a Fender Lace Sensor pickup in the middle.

12. boyce89976

boyce89976 Supporting Member

Love the stock pickups in my Classic T. Don't ever see the need to upgrade them.