Suhr Pickups

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by david henman, Jun 5, 2006.

1. david henman

david henman Member

...i may end up ordering suhr (single coil) pickups for my teles this week.

has anyone tried them? anything i should be aware of?

thanks a bunch!

-david
    toronto

2. Donn Rowe

Donn Rowe Member

I got them{60's} in my strat..love 'em..As for Tele types not sure ..consider this a bump and good luck :)

3. Ken I

Ken I Member

I have the V60LP'S in my s type and they sound great. I have heard great things about his t type pickups also.

4. xroads

xroads Member

Does anyone know what the difference between aged and non-aged is?

5. Sunil

Sunil Gold Supporting Member

I own a Suhr Classic and a Classic T. The Classic is HSS, the Tele is HSH. The single coils in both are the V60LPs. I also have a Fender American Deluxe Strat (Bad Boy Blue), and I took out the existing SCN pickups and silent system and replaced them with Suhr V60LPs and the Suhr Silent Single Coil Backplate System. Lastly, I swapped out the Dimarzio single coils in my HSS-configured Music Man Axis Sport for Suhr V60LPs.

So, I guess the point is . . . I really dig the Suhrs! Very warm and sweet sounding pickups, with much clarity, fat tone and lots of smoothness. They are relatively quiet for single coils, too.

They really made a huge difference in my swamp ash Axis. The clean neck tones are especially wonderful, both for jazz chording and melodic lines.

On the Strat, the Suhrs were a big improvement over the Bill Lawrence made Fender SCN pickups. Overall, more rich and complex, while the bridge solo tones with distortion are both fat and really smooth, the way I like it, but with a nice bite. The Suhr silent single coil back plate system is really amazing. More quiet than the stock Fender SSC system, with considerably greater dynamics.

I really feel that the V60LPs are the best single coils available today, and they are rather reasonably priced.

Cheers!

6. Eric Pykala

Eric Pykala Member

Fender doesn't make a "SSC" system. "SCN" refers to Single Coil Noiseless, which means hum-cancelling pickups. The Suhr SSC system is an accessory to the pickup system that quiets it down dramatically. Apples to doorknobs...-Eric

7. Telecaster

Telecaster Member

Suhr Tele pu's are great ! Punchy, beefy, articulate, twangy, neck pu is very very usefull, no icepick on the bridge pu. Most versatile Tele pu's I've got.

8. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

I've had lots of great Tele pickups over the years (Fender, Fralin, Duncan to name a few) but the Suhr Tele pickups are the best of the bunch for what I like to hear. They twang but don't sound harsh, they are clear but don't sound thin. Just a really sweet set of pickups that work for everything from jazz to blues to country to rock. Of course it probably doesn't hurt that they are in a Suhr Tele ;)

9. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

Eric, I'm sure he meant SCN. Damn nomenclatures! Anyway, I use a DSV, DSV+, and SSV+ pickups. Killer PU's, and for 89/pc, a real bargin.

10. John Bell

John Bell Supporting Member

You should be aware that they are as good or better than pickups costing twice as much.

11. therigaletto

therigaletto Member

I heard alot about the Suhr broadcasters. Im thinking about 1 in my tele bridge

12. david henman

david henman Member

...okay, i'm convinced already!

ordering a set to replace the three gold lace sensors in the tele deluxe plus. i have a feeling i'm in for a pleasant surprise...;)!

-dh

13. dookie

dookie Member

+1 and my Suhr T is swamp ash with a maple top and pau ferro board... Absolutely no icepick...

14. tone4days

tone4days Member

i played a suhr T type a coupla years back - if it cost a bunch less than $2200, it'd be mine today ... just a stunning stunning soundling, feeling, looking guitar ... the pickups were incredible and very very quiet for single coil pups ... i think the pups were about $100 a piece ... when i eventually got my duncan vintage stack for tele set (in a 52ri close) i got them both for about $130 and they sound very very good

i think you'll love the suhrs

t4d