Suhr Pro Modern vs Suhr Modern

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by andyg_prs, Jan 15, 2015.

1. andyg_prs

andyg_prs Member

Hi,

I played an M8 today that I much preferred to a Guthrie spec Modern (Custom?) that I played in the past. M7 is probably my ideal as I like a non locking trem and HSH.

Does anybody know what the difference is between an HSH Pro Modern and the Modern?

I've scanned the Suhr website but haven't found answer - apologies if I'm missing something.

Btw, the Guthrie Modern, my fingers would pull the high E off the edge of the fret - that didn't happen on the Pro Modern M7 I tried.

Cheers,
    Andy

2. haymez

haymez Member

Pro has fixed specs, the custom can be 'custom'-ized. That's literally the only difference.

3. Schweezly

Schweezly Member

Yep. If you like the specs of the Pro then go for it. It's built by the same team.

How does that relate to what you compared? Well, it might have had the blower switch, carved top or other things the Pro won't have.

4. andyg_prs

andyg_prs Member

In HSH config......what do the 5 position correspond to? I would guess:

1 - Neck HB
    2 - Neck HB split plus middle?
    3 - Neck / Bridge HB
    4 - Middle plus Bridge HB split
    5 - Bridge HB

Cheers,
    Andy

5. andyg_prs

andyg_prs Member

Also is it true that Suhr Plek all / any of their guitars?

6. cs@suhr.com

cs@suhr.com Member

You are correct except for position 3, which is the middle pickup on the HSH Modern Pro.

Yes, this is true. All of our guitars receive a PLEK fret dress. As stated above, the only difference between our Pro and Custom guitars is that Custom guitars can be customized. Pro Series guitars are built by the same people and go through the same processes as a Custom guitar.

We hope that helps!

7. djlynch

djlynch Supporting Member

The pro's are are the same as customs. You just don't pic the specs.

8. andyg_prs

andyg_prs Member

Thanks so much. So no neck/bridge HB combination possible? I'd expect to have to customise in that case as that is a lovely combination for me.

Is what was said about the GG model purposefully intending for the high E to easily slip off the edge of the fret true?

As per another recent post.....where can I find an HSH version of this?

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=13121116305416

It was a really beautiful guitar but I imagine having the middle single coil would offer some more 'traditional' single coil / strat type sounds too?

Thanks again.

Andy