• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Suhr Pro series...believe the hype!

Goo Fighters

Tried an S1 and S3 today through an ENGL Screamer 50. Never tried a Suhr before, but they absolutely blew me away. The craftsmanship was flawless. The playability was incredible. The tones...The tones...Wow! Such resonant guitars, and the pickups were amazing in all 5 positions. Best guitars I've ever laid my hands on, bar none. I liked the S3 slightly more, but I wouldn't pay $800 more just for that difference. Another winner I tried was the new Fender David Gilmour Relic Strat. Best Strat I've ever laid my hands on for sure. Actually playability was marginally better than the Suhr's, but the tones were pure vintage. Really solid build quality on the DG. Also, for all you guys who want a 50 watt combo with Fender-ish cleans and a killer dirt channel, check out the ENGL Screamer 50. :AOK

dumbell78

Totally agree on the Pro Series guitars, I have one and they are killer. So killer that I bought a Standard last year because of it and have another on order!! If I was just a one guitar guy I would get a Pro Series and forget about it.

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
The Pro Series are great guitars and one of the few that live up to the hype around here. Solid guitars backed by solid people. I wish Gibson would ask John Suhr to take over operations.

MarkF786

I've never tried the Pro series but I never considered them as an option since they're only available SSH. Call me old-fashion but I like my strats with SSS pickups. It seems odd that SSH is the standard config.

Mark

calpa94

I've never tried the Pro series but I never considered them as an option since they're only available SSH. Call me old-fashion but I like my strats with SSS pickups. It seems odd that SSH is the standard config.

Mark
They are routed HSH so could could always replace with a three coil pickguard.

Goo Fighters

Mark
The 2009 Pro series have more options available, such as stainless steel frets and these pickup configurations:

1. SSV humbucker in the bridge position, two FL single-coil pickups, 1V 1T
5-way

2. SSS with three FL single-coils

3. HSH with two SSV's and one FL in the middle

goodwill559

The 2009 Pro series have more options available, such as stainless steel frets and these pickup configurations:

1. SSV humbucker in the bridge position, two FL single-coil pickups, 1V 1T
5-way

2. SSS with three FL single-coils

3. HSH with two SSV's and one FL in the middle
4. HH with SSH+ bridge, SSV neck

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member

Mark
That's because they aren't Strats, silly.:bong

trap

Gold Supporting Member
got a pro series 3 months ago and have'n regretted it once. same build quality as any suhr guitar, which is great, and at a great price. blows any fender i've ever tried or owned away.

mlynn02

Silver Supporting Member
i just wish they came with at least a medium size neck instead of the slim shredder...

they still play great, and believe me, i'm trying hard to resist buying one.

Zuper

Silver Supporting Member
i just wish they came with at least a medium size neck instead of the slim shredder...
:agree The original Pros had the 60s standard carve, which is perfect. The slim carves are just too thin, and it seems to be the primary spec a lot of people take issue with.

screamtone

Silver Supporting Member
:AOKI got a Pro Series about five weeks ago. Other than some vintage stuff I used to have, it's probably my favorite guitar I've ever owned. It's definitely a gateway drug... I'll be buying more Suhr's in the future.

I do agree that neck shape options would be great. So would a Pro Series T-style :AOK

Eagle1

they still play great, and believe me, i'm trying hard to resist buying one.
It's hardly a slim shredder, by any other standard it is a pretty normal neck size.

mlynn02

Silver Supporting Member
It's hardly a slim shredder, by any other standard it is a pretty normal neck size.

well, you're right i guess. i just love the neck on my suhr classic (even C huge) and wish i could get something closer to that or even split the difference.

trap

Gold Supporting Member
:agree The original Pros had the 60s standard carve, which is perfect. The slim carves are just too thin, and it seems to be the primary spec a lot of people take issue with.
mine is a 60's standard carve and it is perfect.

dumbell78

Is the thin neck cheaper to make (more necks per piece of wood)?
I dont know for sure but I think John was trying to find a happy median for a guitar we could all buy off the rack.
I think its his fav neck type too so it might be a big conspiracy.:rimshot

Last edited:

freedom's door

Love the C Slim neck on my S4. I previously owned 2 Classics with C medium necks, and they were too chunky for me.
My wish is that it was 1.687 nut width instead of the 1.65, but that's not a huge deal.

Diezelman

Traded my Diezel Herbert for 2 brand new guitars...a Suhr S3 and a Carvin CT6. I truly love my Diezels (now just the Einstein 50 combo, but I still have a "you always remember your first girl" crush on Herbert:nono), but both guitars are working out nicely. If you look at my guitar list in my signature, you'll see that the S3 is a completely different style than the rest. All 5 settings have something to offer. I really enjoy the Humbucker mixed with the singles. It's opened my vision in a fun way as it is so comfortable to play and "rich" to listen to. I had the S3 at my luthiers and he truly liked it. He said all the little details that make a guitar great as opposed to good are there. I am used to a chunkier neck, but this neck has more of a "medium" feel to it. I had a beautiful Melancon that had a REALLY small neck...this one is easy to adjust to as the entire playability is just there as a whole.

The Carvin really is a well made guitar that can go right next to my PRS 24 Artist in many if not most ways. If I close my eyes and exchange the two, The PRS feels a little more balanced, but so subtle. For the money, the CT6 is a better value than the PRS for the player(like 95% of us!). I do play my guitars-no glass cases here.

Last edited:

putnut77

Silver Supporting Member

just got this modern in the mail today from Matts Music...I cant stop playing these guitars they are unreal!

Trending Topics