1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Suhr Pro Series Neck Carves

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Brad Scott, May 12, 2008.

1. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Supporting Member

Hi,

I was considering a Suhr S1 until I saw how thin the neck is (.810 - .930). Which Suhrs come with fatter neck carves?

Thanks

2. GDking

GDking Member

Any of them. Just ask your dealer to order you one with a thicker neck. May take 2-3 months to get it. The dealer can order the guitar any way he/she wants so they ordered it with the .810. Mine has a .800

3. George Johnson

George Johnson Member

I didn't know that you could order different neck shapes with the Pro Series.

4. John C

John C Supporting Member

George - GDKing should have said "any of them except the Pro Series". That was Suhr's point with the Pro Series - no options other than color, and the color list was limited. To get a different neck shape you have to move up to the Standard or Classic models.

Actually all the Suhr Pro Series models now come with the "Even C Slim" neck which is .800" - .880". For a while they were using the "Vintage C Standard" (the .810"-.930" neck) on the S1 and S2 models and the "Even C Slim" on the other four models (I could be wrong, maybe the "Even C Slim" was only on the S5/S6 Floyd Rose models), but according to their Pro Series price list all of them are now the thinner neck:

http://www.suhrguitars.com/downloads/pdf/2008/Pro_Series_Consumers_Price_List.pdf

The only "option" is having the BPSSC system installed at the factory.

5. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Supporting Member

Thanks - I'll look into the Standard or Classic.

6. XKnight

XKnight Member

If you like thicker necks, check out the Suhr Big V. I found it to be extremely comfortable and much better than any of the Suhr C necks. The problem is finding a Suhr dealer that has one in stock to try out.

7. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

I played a classic antique strat with that neck carve. Probably one of the best strats I have ever played. If I had the 3k to drop I would have bought it. I agree, that neck carve is nice.