Suhr Pro Series Neck Carves

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Brad Scott, May 12, 2008.

1. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Supporting Member

Hi,

I was considering a Suhr S1 until I saw how thin the neck is (.810 - .930). Which Suhrs come with fatter neck carves?

Thanks

2. GDking

GDking Member

Any of them. Just ask your dealer to order you one with a thicker neck. May take 2-3 months to get it. The dealer can order the guitar any way he/she wants so they ordered it with the .810. Mine has a .800

3. George Johnson

George Johnson Member

I didn't know that you could order different neck shapes with the Pro Series.

4. John C

John C Supporting Member

George - GDKing should have said "any of them except the Pro Series". That was Suhr's point with the Pro Series - no options other than color, and the color list was limited. To get a different neck shape you have to move up to the Standard or Classic models.

Actually all the Suhr Pro Series models now come with the "Even C Slim" neck which is .800" - .880". For a while they were using the "Vintage C Standard" (the .810"-.930" neck) on the S1 and S2 models and the "Even C Slim" on the other four models (I could be wrong, maybe the "Even C Slim" was only on the S5/S6 Floyd Rose models), but according to their Pro Series price list all of them are now the thinner neck:

http://www.suhrguitars.com/downloads/pdf/2008/Pro_Series_Consumers_Price_List.pdf

The only "option" is having the BPSSC system installed at the factory.

5. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Supporting Member

Thanks - I'll look into the Standard or Classic.

6. XKnight

XKnight Member

If you like thicker necks, check out the Suhr Big V. I found it to be extremely comfortable and much better than any of the Suhr C necks. The problem is finding a Suhr dealer that has one in stock to try out.

7. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

I played a classic antique strat with that neck carve. Probably one of the best strats I have ever played. If I had the 3k to drop I would have bought it. I agree, that neck carve is nice.