Suhr PT100SE 100 watt amp

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabinets Demo Videos and Soundclips' started by sinasl1, Jun 17, 2015.

1. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Glad you like the demo, guys!

With regards to low volume/the master, ya it works really well! The amp really derives much of its tone from the front end, so the master works just great really. Speaking in particular of the "effects return" level on the back. That's what I always use as my master vol.

2. guitarvc

guitarvc Member

How does this amp sound with a pair of Celestion G12655's in semi open large 2x12? Would I be better off switching speakers to the creamback 75's?

3. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Probably would work great, I have a Suhr open back cab with 65's at my studio but I haven't tried it with the PT100 actually. I used it for my hedgehog demo. Sounds great with that amp, very nice. The PT has very versatile EQ so you can easily tune it to any cab, I find. I really like open cabs especially for clean sounds
    (More air), and I'd use one if I could for certain sounds but I use the closed cabs because they have more thump and push for dirt. It's all a compromise/balance.

4. randombastage

randombastage Supporting Member

Must...resist, must...resist....MUST res ........MUST.. HAVE... MUSTHAVEMUSTHAVE.....ARGHHH!!! damn you Pete Thorn!

5. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Sorry!!! :)

6. odin69

odin69 Member

Nice amp, and demo. I would have liked to hear CH 2-3 with the bright off just for comparison. It would be cool if the effects loop was programmable to specific channels like the boost is. Anyway, congratulations on a great product.

7. Getafix3

Getafix3 Member

Hey Pete, I have a Badger 30 and am tossing up whether to go for (1) a Bella or (2) a PT100 and sell the Badger. How would you compare the cleans of the PT100 with those of the Bella?

8. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

If I had to pick between a Bella and Badger or a PT I'd get a PT. it's nice having it all under one hood in the same amp. The Bella is terrific and does great cleans and can crunch up a bit for sure but I still feel the PT has more versatility on CH1, it has a great clean sound but can crunch up really good for that sort of Hiwatt thing or JTM45 or Bassman vibe, especially combined with the internal foot switchable boost.
    That's my honest assessment!

9. ejblives

ejblives Member

Finally! It's everything I hoped it would be, the ft switchable boost in every channel is the ticket for me.
    So versatile. Like another member said, ch2 is just raw in your face.
    Pete, you and John really knocked it out if the park with this amp!
    The cab has Scumback H/M 75's and I think they just sound great with the PT.
    [​IMG]

10. browns fan

browns fan Member

Happy NAD!!!!! I hope it keeps you coming back for more. Love the demo from Pete also!

ejblives likes this.
  11. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

Anyone know if the original PT-100 will stay in production once this one goes into full production mode? Not to stir the pot, but the original haunted my dreams for years where this one I turned off the clips after a minute or two.

12. Husky

Husky Gold Supporting Member

You really shouldnt pick. I have my order in for 2 Bellas and should be taking home my PT100 next week ;-)

13. Husky

There is really nothing the new one can't do that the original one did. Both great amps.
    You really cant judge from clips, I recommend trying the amp out in person, Doug Aldrich is currently digging on one as well.
    This one IS in full production.

ejblives likes this.
  14. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

Where I live that's not even remotely close to possible without at least a 4 hour flight that costs far more than the amp itself :(

15. Husky

A 4 hour flight and no Suhr dealer? You live in the USA? Let us know what area we are missing. There are dealers who might offer a reasonable return policy as well.

16. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

I'm in Canada - thus the issue.

Maybe next time Thornley comes through town, I'll be really nice....

17. Husky

I have my PT in my car right now, getting ready to blast today.

We do have dealers in Canada so please check the website. Ian Thornley is using the signature PT100 along with a Hedgehog. So definitely hit him up !

18. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

I've checked. Closest is 4 hour flight away! :(

19. Husky

Well I'd still like to know where that is so we can look at putting a dealer closer to your area. If you really want one but want to make sure I'm sure your dealers might have some way to make that happen.

20. Gearopenia

Gearopenia Member

Pete you should play professionally......