Suhr Riot voice switch problems?

sbreide

I just picked up a Suhr Riot as part of a Craigslist deal... So far I'm pretty impressed. However, I just noticed what seems to be a short in the voice switch. I'm able to switch to the left and right positions just fine but the center seems problamatic. If I push it towards the left side a bit I can get a volume jump. Anybody come across this? Unfortunately, since I'm not the original owner I don't think the warranty applies to me.

Husky

I just picked up a Suhr Riot as part of a Craigslist deal... So far I'm pretty impressed. However, I just noticed what seems to be a short in the voice switch. I'm able to switch to the left and right positions just fine but the center seems problamatic. If I push it towards the left side a bit I can get a volume jump. Anybody come across this? Unfortunately, since I'm not the original owner I don't think the warranty applies to me.
Sure it unless there is damage we will take care of it.
Please contact CS@suhr.com
However if you are getting it between positions in an unnatural way that isn't a problem since you are lifting connections in the circuit. If it is firmly in a position there should not be an issue. If it feels like the switch is broken we can help you.

sbreide

Thanks! I'll play with it a little more to make sure it's not just occurring between positions. Should all three positions be about the same volume wise?

Husky

Thanks! I'll play with it a little more to make sure it's not just occurring between positions. Should all three positions be about the same volume wise?
Well sort of
To the left is germanium so that might be more quiet
My favorite is in the middle (a little fuller and natural) to the right is more JCM800ish on steroids. We can always run it thru the QC process if you want to send it in.
Thanks