Suhr Rufus Reloaded

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Il_Falco, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Il_Falco

Il_Falco Member

I noticed this today on the website:

http://www.suhr.com/Rufus-ReLoaded/

A new reloaded pedal.

******* suhr! I'm just saving up for a regular rufus and have an koji incoming. (with a jack, shiba and riot on my board)

Suhr, call me a fanboy!

2. Bullacake

Bullacake Member

Ditto on being a fanboy.

Just realized that I have all of your suhr pedals on my board. They just make great quality pedals.... and that's the bottom line.

If those fine Suhr people are lurking in this thread, I hope they are considering a delay pedal in the near future.

3. Il_Falco

Il_Falco Member

Glad to know i'm not the only one with the disease :rotflmao

On-topic, the rufus Reloaded has an octave up!

4. randombastage

randombastage Member

How do you switch to the octave up feature?
    I have my regular Rufus incorporated into my pedal board switcher with the remote switching so I can get the Red and the Green....how will the Octave Up be triggered?

and damn you Suhr for making a great pedal greater ;)

5. Il_Falco

Il_Falco Member

I quote: "Rufus Reloaded is a unique pedal that offers a vast array of fuzz tones. With the Re|Loaded edition we’ve added an extremely dynamic and tactile octave-up effect."

So i suppose it's an always on thing, but responds to your playing.

6. Husky

Husky Gold Supporting Member

Octave is kicked on or off by holding down the on/off switch as we do with the fat mode on the standard version. The main tone is a cross between the standard Rufus and the fat mode on the standard. In the video you can see Don activate the octave as it switches to red mode. It will remember the last mode you were in as you turn it in and off. This is done with our
    mf(x) Multi-Function Technology
    Thanks !!!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  7. Il_Falco

Il_Falco Member

Ok, so normal mode is mix of the normal and fat of the original en the extra mode is the octave up.

This doesn't make my choice easy.

8. Husky

Husky Gold Supporting Member

Who needs to make choices ! ;-)
    If you don't have room for both I'd see if you can try both at your dealer. One certainly does not replace the other.

9. randombastage

randombastage Member

Yea, I think I'll just add the Rufus reload and drop the Velvet Fuzz because the Rufus was already making the Velvet kind of unnecessary. So I'll have 4 voices of Rufus instead of 2 +the Velvet that wasn't getting used.

I'm looking forward to this now! when will it be available? Checked a few places and the web sites say coming soon...

10. Ali

Ali Member

That makes more sense. Think I'm happy with my standard Rufus in that case. And I hold my hand up as a fan boy, mainly because I like things that work together! Current board is all Suhr pre amp, along with a CAE Wah, and Strymon in the loop.

11. JDouglee

JDouglee Member

I've been looking at octave up fuzzes, now this comes out! :aok

12. Il_Falco

Il_Falco Member

I'm still debating because i have 3 originals on my board. The reloaded would look out of place. Hmm, guess john is right. Maybe i shoul consider an extra pedaltrain mini with the reloaded pedals...

@alo: we should make a suhr pedalboard thread!

13. husker

husker Member

Anyone know when these will be available? It sounds fantastic in the clips...

14. axm.88

axm.88 Member

NOO! Just sold Rufus for fuzz factory...

15. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

16. cs@suhr.com

cs@suhr.com Member

We are so glad to hear you dig the tones in the video! We are happy to let you know that we are beginning to ship Rufus Reloaded this week. We recommend contacting your favorite Suhr dealer to preorder as they may have a waiting list started. Your dealer will be immediately notified when their order is ready to ship and they are in the best position to let you know when to expect your pedal.

Enjoy the new Rufus Reloaded!

17. husker

husker Member

Good to know about the pedal's availability - although they may be a while longer reaching us over here in England...

18. axm.88

axm.88 Member

Kinda bummed about the mixed fat and normal mode. Wish there was a toggle switch of some sort to switch... On another hand, what other pedals would you like to see reloaded? I'd love a reloaded Jackrabbit and Koji.

19. cs@suhr.com

cs@suhr.com Member

Yes indeed. It will depend on when they place their order and when their next shipment is scheduled to leave, so the dealer is in the best position to give you the time frame. We hope that helps!

20. husker

husker Member

Thanks for the info!