Suhr singlecut launched at NAMM?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dudu, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Husky

Husky Gold Supporting Member

Nope
    I still have a nice bike a husky TE610 I’m selling with 400 miles on it if anyone local is interested, hasnt been ridden for 5 years. I lost my older brother on a bike and really haven’t ridden since. It was quite a shock. My wife won’t let me get back on. Plus funny enough I’m old school. I like old motocross where you tried to keep the bike on the ground. The jumping and more time spent in the air is starting to seem like acrobatic guitar playing.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    superstratjunky and jbd3 like this.
  2. Sirloin

Sirloin Supporting Member

Lake Elsinore always makes me think of the Honda Elsinore dirt bike. My uncle had one years ago. And John, so sorry for the loss of your brother.

[​IMG]

superstratjunky and Rango like this.
  3. Bogner

Bogner Member

Agreed on the air time. Nothing touches the battles with Hannah and Glover and that golden era in my book. I am terribly sorry about the loss of your brother.

4. Husky

Yup I was going to move from Jersey to Elsinore in 74’. Funny how life works, here I am.

superstratjunky likes this.
  5. JohnnyFavorite

JohnnyFavorite Member

@Husky John, what is it about the Koa/Pau Ferro combo you liked so much? What does it offer that other wood combinations don't?

On an unrelated note, has Pete Thorn switched to jumbo frets on his sig this year?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  6. ivandolz

ivandolz Member

Already reserved mine!!! Really looking forward. It is going to be a long wait. My serial is on the 70s... Will they be made chronologically?

@Husky are you going to send pictures of each guitar to future owners, or inform about the process to future owners of the individual guitars? I also want to thank you for taking the time of answering us, it is really something unique that I really apreciate... And also thanks for your patience overall...

7. Husky

Thanks !
    I will probably send some happy snaps during the build. We haven't really flushed that out yet. Yes I believe that is the way it works but I need to ask sales that question. Thanks

8. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

I need some high res shots of the gold top! My hand is bored.

Bluesful likes this.
  9. BuckshotJenkins

BuckshotJenkins Silver Supporting Member

Johnny and the Happy Snaps. I'd go see them on a Tuesday night. They probably have subtley dirty lyrics, and tone for days.

10. justin

justin Gold Supporting Member

@Husky the new aged metallic run looks amazing but why no lake placid blue ones? Id be all over that.

11. CaliCaveMan

CaliCaveMan Silver Supporting Member

I ordered mine like two weeks ago. How do you know what serial number you're getting? Do I ask my vendor?

Question answered: Ask the vendor to divulge their slots. Thanks

12. cs@suhr.com

cs@suhr.com Member

The plan to build them more or less chronologically. With that being said, please don't be offended if someone happens to receive an Aura with a higher serial number before you do. It's nothing personal and doesn't mean something is wrong. There are a lot of factors that control how quickly a guitar leaves the shop including dealer invoicing/shipping schedules that come into play.

This is a running change to the spec that is going into effect with guitars being produced in late March/early April. If you have a PT Signature Series guitar on order and your copy of the build sheet shows medium frets, you'll still get medium. We didn't change anyone's order. It just affects new orders going forward.

We will have more info on all of this soon enough via our website and social media. We hope this helps and thanks so much for everyone's interest. Have a great weekend!

13. Redmaz

Redmaz Supporting Member

Hell yeah! That's the only thing I would change on Pete's Sig. Now it's perfect... then again I wouldn't mind more colors, along with Modern and Modern T versions. Okay, might as well throw in a Pete Thorn Sig Aura while you're at it too since it already has Thornbuckers :)

IMO, all guitars need Jescar SS .110 x .057!

14. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

15. superstratjunky

superstratjunky Member

Waterjet?

So 2 for you, 2, for Dougie, 1 for Peter, & 100 for the rest of us, right?o_O

My quintessential BG tone. 3:20. Still get goosebumps & shivers.

Back in the late 80s to mid 90s, you could chose your headroom & preamps were MIDI controllable. But noooo, everybody just wanted to plug straight in. Not to mention those little 1 setting, set & forget heavy little tiles on the floor!:mad::mad::mad:
    #justsayin'

16. superstratjunky

superstratjunky Member

To bad it's not maple & or able to grow here.

Reb, called it iron wood in a GW article back in Oct 90 when they discussed his gear. Ibby was at the time endorsing him & made a sig for him called the Voyager. That guitar was a supposed replacement/copy of his Pensa-Suhr. He said that Pau sustained like crazy, but wasn't overly bright. It had the properties of ebony, but with a rosewood like character. Koa he said adds bottom & depth. All of his guitars made that way are equipped with EMGs. EMGs are flat/buffered {in a good way to my ears/experience} & with higher gain, bring out the best of those qualities. I'm dying to try that whole combo & have been since the 90s. I bet with a 25" scale, a set neck superstrat would be like an LP on steroids.

Here it is in action. He has to love that guitar almost as much as he adores his wife. He's like married to it, ever since John made it for him back in the mid 80s. Check out the ware on the pups & picking area.

BTW Reb's a Pitt native & I've met him a few times back in 94. His wife is a true lady. Lucky man. Incredible underrated player.

I wish I knew before you ordered those. I took one look from that link & saw how small that allen wrench is & know that those bolts will not hold up for long. They're just to small to counter the tensional stresses. I'll bet the Suhr/Wilkison ones will be substantially better.

17. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

Reb is a monster.

dumbell78 likes this.
  18. ivandolz

ivandolz Member

This thread really slowed down... No anxious people about their Auras? They have posted more pictures on the website in a new post.

finnster likes this.
  19. CaliCaveMan

CaliCaveMan Silver Supporting Member

There haven’t been any updates for a while now. I’m totally anxious.

:waiting

We Want Aura’s, We want Aura’s

:mob

20. Husky

I’m doing final building and they will start to trickle out very soon.