• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Suhr SL67

gtrplayer23

that sounds incredible. great song also.is that going to be on the new CD? gonna try to steal a few licks!

Wagster

Sounds a little creamier and compressed than the 68. What a great demo, your playing, tones and presentation are excellent.

sinasl1

that sounds incredible. great song also.is that going to be on the new CD? gonna try to steal a few licks!
Thanks guys!!

The tune, I think will be a free giveaway, on the Suhr site. But- I will be offering a lesson version through jamtrack central soon!

Thanks for watching the demo guys, I put a lot if work into that one:) want to really show that amp off as best I could, it's a blast to play.

jkr

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds killer! I think The Groomed Noodler is my favorite PT song so far (seems to almost have a nod to Vinnie Moore but with the Pete Thorn magic)! What cab and speaker was being used for the recording. Thanks for that demo.

Last edited:

carbz

Silver Supporting Member
Main riff sounds very Nuno'ish to me. Playing is overall off the charts! It's a real treat to see someone play so polished live like that with not one mistake anywhere!.........:bong

sinasl1

Main riff sounds very Nuno'ish to me. Playing is overall off the charts! It's a real treat to see someone play so polished live like that with not one mistake anywhere!.........:bong
Hey thanks! It took me a few takes to get a good one, believe me, ha :)

I didn't have the amp cranked or anything, volume was on around 7, I was going for that old school Marshall thing where you are almost fighting a hair- not too much gain, low output pickups, etc, you really gotta play hard and focus to keep it clean but you are rewarded with good tone and clarity, when there's not too much distortion! I really love that sound. Like when Angus would solo, or the solo in "Hot Blooded" where Mick sounds like he's almost losing it here and there but it's cool, ha.

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
Man Pete, I love your demos.

The amp sounds great, I'm a huge Suhr fan and admirer. But you dig amps and guitars, and that really comes through in your playing and in your demos, none more so than this one.

Sounds awesome and it was a pleasure to listen to. You have a great touch and a great 'way' with amps and guitars.

Thanks, great job, Dana O.

sinasl1

Man Pete, I love your demos.

The amp sounds great, I'm a huge Suhr fan and admirer. But you dig amps and guitars, and that really comes through in your playing and in your demos, none more so than this one.

Sounds awesome and it was a pleasure to listen to. You have a great touch and a great 'way' with amps and guitars.

Thanks, great job, Dana O.
Thanks Dana!!

strangec

Silver Supporting Member
Great stuff, Pete!

So is an SL67 & SL68 redundant, or are there some subtle differences?

sinasl1

Great stuff, Pete!

So is an SL67 & SL68 redundant, or are there some subtle differences?
I haven't put em back to back, actually. Haven't had time! John would be best to answer that really, I'm not sure circuit-wise if there's many differences other than the obvious power amp differences, etc

I'll tell ya though the ppimv down low with the amp in low voltage mode sounds just awesome. Totally useable low volume raw plexi tones. It's great now, there's options for guys who want plexi tone at lower reasonable volume.... The Masonette is another that I've never tried but guys seem to dig. Pretty cool!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom