Suhr SSV, TB and TB+ in parallel any good?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by brokenvail, Mar 13, 2019.

1. brokenvail

brokenvail Supporting Member

Has anyone tried a Suhr SSV, Thornbucker or Thornbucker + in parallel in a bridge position before? I have a guitar wired up so I can use the bridge pup in series or parallel. I find low output humbuckers don't always sound good in parallel.

2. danel59

danel59 Member

I have all of those in various guitars and they are all wired series/parallel They sound very good in parallel, especially for Clean rhythm.

3. brokenvail

brokenvail Supporting Member

Sweet! Since you have all of them can you compare the three of them? I am familiar with the SSV.

4. danel59

danel59 Member

Comparison in parallel mode? Both versions of Thornbucker has a nice sheen for lack of better term. The TB+ is in a Strat and the TB is in an Anderson Hollow Cobra so different guitars. Glassy but still nice overall tone. The SSV was in my Strat so going by memory but found the highs especially a little more "hyper" in the highs especially. Not overly so, but more noticeable than the other 2