• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Suhr SSV vs Lollar Imperial vs SD Pearly Gates

Tito83

One of them is going to replace an SD 59 in the bridge of my S/S/H Suhr and, from what I could get about those, they seem kinda similar and any of them would work fine for me. But has anyone experience with more then one and could directly compare them for me?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

kraen

Go for the SSV. It's really nice and you get a great PAF tone from it.

Which pickup do you have now?

Tito83

I have 2 JS noise free and an SD59 in the bridge as I said. The singles I'm also gonna change (most likely to FL's), but they are not really bothering me right now as the humbucker.

I have two FL's in neck/middle and an SSV coil-tapped bridge in my Suhr Classic. I've never been happier with a pickup combination ever. Could be the guitar :) but the FL's are the perfect single coil pickup for me (like them so much more than the V60LP in my particular guitar, which is alder w/ maple/pau ferro neck). I don't like the SSV when it is split, just doesn't sound like a single coil at all, but as a HB, it kills.

Tito83

I have two FL's in neck/middle and an SSV coil-tapped bridge in my Suhr Classic. I've never been happier with a pickup combination ever. Could be the guitar :) but the FL's are the perfect single coil pickup for me (like them so much more than the V60LP in my particular guitar, which is alder w/ maple/pau ferro neck). I don't like the SSV when it is split, just doesn't sound like a single coil at all, but as a HB, it kills.
Cool :)! The FL's you have are the Standard or the Classic ones? Would you mind if the bridge pup had more output (SSV+)? I'd use it mainly with overdriven tones and I'm wondering if I'd miss a little bit more push from the bridge pickup.

Last edited:
I'd say for anything over classic rock, go with a little higher output, either SSV+ or SSH. The good thing about all these HB's is that they match the output volume of the Suhr single coils very well. There won't be a huge volume jump going from, say, neck to bridge PU.

Trending Topics