• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Suhr standard chambered vs archtop sound; standard vs carve top sound?

vltjd

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone have experience comparing identically constructed Suhr standard with chambering and Suhr archtop sound (same woods, electronics, etc) with the understanding that the top on the archtop is inherently thicker? How different is the sound?

Similarly, anyone have experience comparing similarly constructed Suhr standard models with carve top models, with the understanding that the top of the carve top will be thicker? How different is the sound?

Thanks.

willyboy

Silver Supporting Member
Have you contacted Suhr? I don't think anyone could answer those questions better than John and his excellent staff

j.s.tonehound

All I can say is that I wish I had some experience with the Standard Archtop.

The only ones I've played are the moderns but nothing remotely like for like between the models, and more than anything else I just couldn't get comfortable with the Modern elliptical neck shape in any size.

vltjd

Silver Supporting Member
Have you contacted Suhr? I don't think anyone could answer those questions better than John and his excellent staff
Thanks. Have seen some prior responses by John, and he's certainly welcome to chime in with any info, but also looking for direct player experiences.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom