Suhr vs Di Marzio

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Marco78, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Marco78

Marco78 Member

Hi boys, I am choosing pickups for my partcaster between Suhr and Di Marzio. I'll choose the Di Marzio for the tone (I prefer the typical DiM sound with less treble and with very smooth sound) and for the price, very cheaper.
    I can't try this pickups, but I can compare them only through some videos.

The problem is that I can "touch" the pickups under my fingers and can't "feel" like pickups work: string separation, dynamic and so on.
    My fear is that DiM have good sound (for me) but are compressed, confused like other mass production pickups.

Does someone tried together in the same/similar guitars? Are there differences on this characteristics??? Are the Suhr more "alive" and tridimensional??

Thanks a lot

PS: I hope that I am been clear, english isn't my language.

2. Help!I'maRock!

Help!I'maRock! Member

each makes a wide variety. the question is more about the sound you're going for than which company. so maybe if you could talk a bit more about what you want and what you're playing through?

3. Marco78

Marco78 Member

I like to play rock music but modern music too like fusion a la Govan but I want a all-around pickups combination. I don't like metal or other high gain music.
    From Di M I'll get PAF/area61/At-1, while from Suhr I'll get DSV/VL60LP/DSH+ but I think that there are some major characteristcs that all pickups of a brand have.

4. shane88

shane88 Member

dimarzio make a huge variety of quality pickups - they don't have a "brand sound"

the sound you end up with has a lot more to do with you than the brand of pickup - i've always gone with dimarzios because their site has the best descriptions of their products and it's easier for me to pick the one i want & i don't buy into the booteek factor although i'm sure suhr make excellent pickups too