Suhr vs Friedman 212 cabinet????

jasonk931

Silver Supporting Member
ok guys, I'm looking for a very nice 212 cabinet. I've heard so many points on closed back, open back, birch, pine, etc....mind warp!

Everybody chime in on your thoughts as to which 212 sounds best between Friedman and Suhr cabinets, closed back, open, etc..

Thanks.

Bogner

Impossible to comment on unless You can explain what you are seeking tone wise in a cab. What amp, guitars, musical style, etc do you play? Both cabs are nice as are many others.

jimijimmyjeffy

Well Friedman certainly makes great sounding cabs.

But the 2-12 is sold with v30s. Is that the kind of speaker you are looking for?

FFTT

You'll get a way bigger sounding 2X12 going Port City or Reeves OS 2X12.

JGD5150

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Friedman 1x12 DS cab, open back loaded with a Creamback M65. It is perfect for the Mini DS I'm feeding into it.

jasonk931

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the info guys. I am playing a 500+ room twice a week, and I use a redbox 5 to run signal to the house. So, the 212 is just for my ears, and I use mainly a modded Strat with Gonçalo Alves neck, and Suhr Thornbucker in the bridge, and Dimarzio Cruiser in neck and middle, aka Andy Timmons. I play different amps a lot, but lately due to my requirements for this gig, I use the Blug Amp1. I know Blug makes the Fatcab and Nanocab, but was thinking of a well known cab instead. I'm now toying with the idea of the Port City 212????

FFTT

A Port City OS 2X12 or same cab in Reeves trim.

I'm running an EVM12L and Fane Medusa 150-C

Sounds as big as most any 4X12.

Finger joint birch ply.

Really solid cabs.

Trending Topics