Summertime (with new D'Lite 22)

doveman

OK ... first real clip with my D'Lite 22. I did the vocals. Clean guitar is a G&L Legacy, overdriven guitar is a Washburn WI66 Idol Gold Top w/Lollar P90s. The amp was easy to work with on this clip.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6189106

In fact, I was detecting some noise while recording ... turned out to be my PC ... I'm going to have to move it later. :)

Edit: Couple of places are clipping a little ... so I'll go back and fix those.

Hey Marin: No slide in this one!

JohnK24

Supporting Member
Sweet sounding track...darn the D'Lite sounds like a killer amp. Nice to hear some P90s through it too !

doveman

Congrats on the new amp Ken; sounds great.....but don't sell the MK1!!!
I won't ... I have a 30 year thing going with that rig :)

Sweet sounding track...darn the D'Lite sounds like a killer amp. Nice to hear some P90s through it too !
Yeah ... I don't think I heard any P90s through them.

Couple of places are clipping a little ... so I'll go back and fix those.
The clipping noises were caused by some of the slap noise built into the standup bass part. All I can figure is that my compressor would catch one of those when there's not much else around ... and whammo. I fixed the worst of these BUT I love that upright bass sound so I didn't mess with it too much. I eased off the reverb and mixed down the P90 side a little.

EDIT: But sometimes the more correct versions just don't have the feel ... so I'm going to put it back to the original ... it sounds moree natural even with the minor clipping noise.

DAB

Excellent!! Nice chops and I really like your singing style. Top Notch.

Any chance of posting the backing track?

Dave

doveman

Actually ... it's really hard to post here with the kind of players that are on this board. The best of the boards from that point of view probably.

I played some of the recent postings for my wife the other night after I posted this and we talked about just how good everyone plays. There are some real pros here ... but it keeps me pushing forward.

I'm sure many others come here like me to see what's new ... or even some of the old stuff that occasionally gets pulled up to the top. It can inspire and humble all at the same time. :)

trap

Supporting Member
is that you singing? if so, you have a fantastic voice! nice playing too.

doveman

is that you singing?
Yeah ... that's me singing. I find that instrumentals (especially mine) can be hard to listen to without a verse or two to break them up. I have to be very selective to find things that I can sing. Back when I was gigging regularly, I only did background vocals.

But I do enjoy it. :confused:

marinblues

OK ... first real clip with my D'Lite 22. I did the vocals. Clean guitar is a G&L Legacy, overdriven guitar is a Washburn WI66 Idol Gold Top w/Lollar P90s. The amp was easy to work with on this clip.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6189106

In fact, I was detecting some noise while recording ... turned out to be my PC ... I'm going to have to move it later. :)

Edit: Couple of places are clipping a little ... so I'll go back and fix those.

Hey Marin: No slide in this one!
No slide? Why no slide....?:rotflmao

Oh, those cleans are so sweet. I need to copy that!

Those p90's do work well with the amp.

And you can.........................SING!!!!!!!!!:dude

How cool, wish I could do that.

Marin

doveman

Thanks guys ... I've remixed this one and gotten rid of some of the clipping ... same tracks though.

Still lovin' my D'Lite ... ;)

Trending Topics