Sunset Romancing - new tune with Backing Track

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by journo, Sep 27, 2005.

1. journo

journo Member

Hi,

Here's a new tune fresh out of the humble home studio.

I was looking at some trevel broschures and found some trips to Venezuela. I can't afford to go there but the pictures was nice and I would really like to go there with my wife and do romatic things in the sunset ;)
    That's where I got the title and feel for this tune.

I had a hard time deciding whether to go clean or distorted for the melody and lead. To avoid a difficult decision I just picked up my trusty old nylon string and had a go. I recorded it direct using my Boss GS-10. All other instruments were VSTi.

Here's the tune:
    Sunset Romancing

Here's a link for the BT players:
    Sunset Romancing Backing Track

As always I'm looking forward to your comments, suggestions and (most of all) your takes.

Cheers,

Mats N

2. DorianGreg

DorianGreg Guest

That's really nice, Matt. Very pretty solo . . . :)

3. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

You sooooo deserve to be doing this professionally. I have never heard anything from you that I haven't liked!

4. journo

journo Member

Hi,

Coming from g0d means I must be blessed :D :D ;)

Jokes aside, I really appreciate such praise from a player of your calibre. Unfortunately I live in the wrong country for the kind of music I write and play. Apart from that I also very seriously think most people would consider me too old for doing this professionally. For getting into a band that would get popular I'm not only too old. I'm also not enough cool looking. Image is everything nowdays. On the other hand if anyone could come up with an idea on how I could gain financially from recording backing tracks it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mats N

5. journo

journo Member

Hi Dorian,

Thanks for listening! Glad you enjoyed it. I got into sort of a happy mood when playing this tune.

Cheers,

Mats N

6. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

Here are a couple ideas...

Recording Backing Track CD's through someone like... grrr... I am drawing a blank... but there are a couple companies that put them out.

Write music for T.V., movies, commercials and the likes... I am not absolutely sure about how to break into this... but from what I have heard from a local guy in Seattle who does this... he makes a fairly decent ammount of cash for something he conciders a hobby.

I would consider you a prolific (sp?) song writter... so the later of the two ideas would seem more appropriate for you. Have you ever done any scores that use strictly orchestral instruments?

Me

7. journo

journo Member

Hi,

BT CDs is an idea that I have been wrestling with but I don't know any companies that deal with this.

I have done some scoring for corporate videos. I did good and I was geting into it but then my wife got seriously ill and was off work for almost 5 years so then my priority was getting her well so I had to prioritize my day job for financial security. When she got well there were so many new actors on that market that I never managed to make any inroads again.

Regarding strictly orchstral scores the answer is no I haven't done any commercial work but I've dabbled in it in my home studio.

Thanks for your comments and ideas.

Cheers,

Mats N

8. Rid

Rid Senior Member

The track reminded me of some old Larry C tune, loved the nylonstring guitar.
    Made my mood turn several notches, it is raining here today, so this was a good thing to listen to:)
    My youngest daughter took a little dance over this by the way.
    Niels

9. Dave35

Dave35 Member

Excellent once again Mats. Im going tobe away for a few days but i may just have to take a crack at this one before i leave. Either way you can bet it will be with the rest of yours in my CD player on the way up the road.

On a sidenote, you mentioned the inspiration for this song......the BT i did awhile back called "SOS(South of somewhere)" came from watching an infomercial on Carribean cruises :)

10. journo

journo Member

Hi Niels,

Thanks for listening!

Not only do your have a lovely wife. You also have a daughter with impeccable taste :D

Cheers,

Mats N

11. journo

journo Member

Hi Dave,

Seems like I'll be "on he road to fame in Tennessee" :D
    Thanks for your encouragement!

Have a nice trip!

Cheers,

Mats N

12. myles loud

myles loud Supporting Member

hey journo!!!!!!
    another hit!!! excellent!!!
    myles

13. adlibmusic

adlibmusic Member

Hey Mats, you are really kickin out some excellent tunes!! Really nice melody and mighty fine playin on this one...I will have to wait until tomorrow to have a go at it. :(

14. Dave35

Dave35 Member

I kinda went a different route on this one. I had in my head how i thought it should sound but somehow that got changed when i picked up my guitar :D

Kind of a rushed take as i did it in between packing for my mini vacation. I guess one downside to my lack of knowledge is the trouble i have with key changes. It's kind of weird i guess but, since i play by ear i have to hear it and then decide what note i need to hit in that split second of rhythmn.....quite a challenge for me, which i enjoy, but often fail miserably at :)

My take

15. journo

journo Member

Hi Dave,

Interesting choice of sound for this one. The harmonizer gives it a very "synthish" flavour. It's so cool to hear other people's vision on my stuff.

Cheers,

Mats N