Supa-Trem in amps effects loop

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by PUMPHOUSE, Feb 19, 2012.

1. PUMPHOUSE

PUMPHOUSE Member

When I use my ST in front of the amp, in this case a 65 vibrochamp I get a great tone, no volume drop or a decent boost depending on how I have the internal trimmer set.

However...

When I put the ST last in my effects loop of my amp I get volume drop.

Here's the rig rundown

Guitar>tuner>Clyde wah>MDV2>VHT Pittbull UL

Pittbull serial loop>Strymon Orbit>Supa Trem>Empress SD

If I turn on the SupaTrem and the Empress SD, I get no volume drop.
    It's only when the SupaTrem is the last effect engaged in the loop that I get volume drop.

Why is this, and what can I do to fix it?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  2. rks89

rks89 Member

Leave it out front.

3. Whiskey N Beans

Whiskey N Beans Supporting Member

You just need to put a buffered effect in he loop with it, and it will sound better. I suspect that's why the SD works. I put a Maleeko Omicron in my Budda 18 line level FX loop and, even when on with it's level trimpot raised, it still is too quiet. If I put my shape EQ in the loop with it, problem solved. And it sounds better than out front. Try using an EQ or boost in the loop, anything that is either always on or has an always on buffer like the shape.

4. PUMPHOUSE

PUMPHOUSE Member

Leaving it out front would mean before amp gain/distortion, is not the preferred sound I am going for, also, I rather not have to use an additional pedal to get this one to work in my loop. Maybe I will just return it and try either a Catalinbread Semaphore, or a Goatkeeper.

5. cheameup

cheameup Member

Whiskey N Beans adivce is good. I spent 2 years trying to get my dual rectifier effetcs loop sorted. always had volume mismatchs no matter what when I had all TB in the loop. I moved my buffered ibanez FL9 to the loop and bingo. sorted everything out in 1 hit