Super Champ XD owners, help needed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by shibby, Apr 3, 2008.

1. shibby

shibby Member

hi,

I just got one of these as a blem item off MF. It sounds ****** great for what it is. very very nice sounds.

one thing thats kinda strange to me is the effects. particulary the delay and reverb effects.

they dont sound like the effects they are supposed to.

the delay sounds really weak even with the effects level cranked, and the reverb sounds like a weak chorus setting at the lowest settings, and in the settings where its supposed to sound like "classic fender spring reverb" according to the manual, it sounds like a strange weak reverb + delay mixed in. similar to the actual reverb + delay setting right next to it. really strange

all other effects work and sound like they are supposed to , but these 2 effects just dont sound right in an otherwise awesome amp.

SDDXD owners, whats your exp in this?? is this the reason for it being a blem item? would fender cover this in full under their warranty if there really was a problem? thanks

2. Pakyie

Pakyie Member

Well, yeah, that's probably the blem that allowed you to grab it cheap...

And most probably that's a programming blem in the DSP, so nothing you or anyone can fix easily... too bad 'cause the reverb sounds quite good, methinks ;)

3. shibby

shibby Member

well, according to the MF description of a "blem":

"
    This is a Scratch and Dent item. What does that mean? These are primarily returned items that may have some cosmetic flaws such as scratches or nicks and may show some usage. If you can live with a minor blemish or worn packaging, you'll save some serious bucks! Because of the random nature of flaws on specific items, we are unable to detail those blemishes. All Scratch and Dent products are guaranteed to work perfectly and include our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. You can take a full 45 days from shipment to check out the product before deciding to keep it."

so a blem item has generally cosmetic issues. they should work and function as intended, thus my super champ should work as its supposed to. you think i'm entitled for an exchage according to their description?

4. wyatt

wyatt Member

Yes. The item was probably returned already and MF lost track of why it was returned or were hoping it was an isolated problem.

5. Zim

Zim Member

Yeah, it should sound better. I'd return it. I mean a new one is $300. How much of a savings was the blem? It couldn't be that much, could it?

6. shibby

shibby Member

blem was 260, i got 20% off as well with the MF deal they had. so i got it for 209 shipped.

7. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

Bring it to a warranty station.

8. Scott57

Scott57 Member

Both of those effects sound just fine on mine. I'd try the warranty department. Hopefully, Fender can do something for you and you'll have a great amp for two-thirds the cost.

9. shibby

shibby Member

well, if MF wont give me an exchange, I'll try the fender warranty route. I'm positive the reverb and delay is screwed up now