Super Chili Picoso users, where do you put yours?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Charles#5, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

First, last or somewhere in between? I have one coming in and will probably put it last in line, but maybe there are better options. I got it to beef everything up a bit.

Cheers,

Johan.

2. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

Depends on what other pedals I'm using, but mostly I put it last or second to last. Where ever I put I know one thing. I dig this pedal!!!

3. el34power

el34power Member

Like me you have a JCM800 and a crunch box...I run my effects like this...
    Wah, Crunch box, Chili Picoso, LPB clone, Grey DOD clone, Loooper ABY.
    "A" to JCM800 low input, "B" to Korg DT-10.
    The crunch box is always on. For a boost/solo i use either the Picoso, LPB or 250.

4. estringwalker

estringwalker Supporting Member

Mine goes infront of all my OD's and distortions. It does not sound that good with chords but it works wonders for my leads. especially in front of my Fuzz Face. It really makes the harmonics jump out at you.

5. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

I use mine dead last in the chain, after all my drive/fuzz boxes and after modulation and delay. I use it for an overall level boost for solos, etc. I have used it before drive boxes to up their gain, but I like it best where I have it now.

6. sandman

sandman Member

I put it last in the chain and leave it on all the time.I like to slam my Twin with Picoso from 1 to 3 o'clock.

7. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I used to have it last. Then I got the sagrado poblano picoso, and now use that last with the SCP near the beginning of the chain.

8. Bajan

Bajan Member

I put my SCP first in line. I go SCP -> Tim -> Zendrive -> Looper with Dano Mini Tuna Melt and Chicken Salad. This way I use it as a buffer and light boost. It fills things out nicely and gives my high end detail back.

Shane

9. gtrshow

gtrshow Member

Last for me, always on at least min. setting. I usually plop a Morning Dew EQ in the middle of things, after fuzz/OD.

10. catalinbread

catalinbread Member

11. Bajan

Bajan Member

And I love my SCP. One really cool thing is that with the one really big knob, I can dial it in with my foot, on the fly as needed.

Shane

12. Snowdog

Snowdog Member

+1 - that is exactly how I run mine.

13. Baby Evil

Baby Evil Member

I used to have it last in line, well before the stereo digital delay, as a clean boost. But all of a sudden I had 11 pedals, and I didn't like my sound anymore; what went in the first pedal, sure didn't come out the last one.
    So, I experimented, and now it's second, right after my fuzz, and I now have my good sound back, and still a heep of pedals.
    It keeps my signal pretty much intact throughout the chain, and makes my single coils sound fatter, and seems to put some sparkle into my amps.

Jan