• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Super Crunch Box -purchasing today... Any final thoughts and advise?

TheKermitC

Well after GASing for a long time I have decided to purchases the Super Crunch Box. I always wanted a marshall in a box pedal, the closest I have are the OCD and Euphoria (crunch mode).I have hear great things about this pedal.

Any final thoughts and advise?

DreamTheaterRules

Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs
Gold Supporting Member
Final thoughts? Uh, CRANK IT UP! Pretty cool pedal. Much more versatile than the original, which was a very popular pedal.

Thinline_slim

I really like mine that's for sure! I pulled my OCD and returned the SL Drive I bought on a whim since neither of them could touch the SCB in tone for me. I've considered pulling my Riot also and replacing it with another SCB but that may be going a bit too far.

flyonthewall150

Silver Supporting Member
You'll be ok man. There's hotlines you can call and stuff if you're having a hard time coping.

DreamTheaterRules

Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs
Gold Supporting Member
tslim, I have an SCB right now I'll swap you for that Riot of you decide to do that. :huh

still.ill

How does the SuperCrunch box compare to the Barber direct drive? i have the direct drive and I love the tone, but would like something with a lot more gain. Ever since i picked up a big muff, the Direct Drive all the way cranked still sounds like an OD to me. I'd like it to not sound fizzy though, my amptweaker tight rock had lots of gain but sounded very fizzy. I like how smooth the direct drive is.

TLDR
Does the supercrunch have more gain than the Barber DD?

Waxhead

Well after GASing for a long time I have decided to purchases the Super Crunch Box. I always wanted a marshall in a box pedal, the closest I have are the OCD and Euphoria (crunch mode). I have hear great things about this pedal.

Any final thoughts and advise?
Enjoy it - fantastic versatile pedal imo :)
Much better, more versatile and much more marshall like than an OCD imo.
My OCD is in a box

Noah

Silver Supporting Member
I love that pedal and wouldn't compare it to a Barber Direct Drive at all.
The Direct Drive is a good pedal but nothing at all like the Super Crunch Box.

You can get just about any high gain sound out of it depending on how you dial it in. I use it only for leads and it is killer!

Lullabies

I like it ... well its good for low gain dirt but I found it cut too much bass and lacked balls which was more evident when I picked up a Wampler triple wreck and A/B them.. It does have alot of Clarity though and is very dynamic!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom