super duper as an OD?

jgyn

I find mine sounds best as an OD when driving an already slightly overdriven amp.

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
The Box of rock is two sho's cascaded with an added tone control PLUS the separate boost. Much more controlled OD and more versatile IMO.

Keith SIO

The Box of rock is two sho's cascaded with an added tone control PLUS the separate boost. Much more controlled OD and more versatile IMO.

In the back of my head i always just thought the super duper would have a really cool open raw tone to it. I know with the bor boost cranked and amp volume down, it sounds great. Having the master on the SD would do that i suppose, but may be too bright.

a buddy of mine uses a super duper as his overdrive and it sounds awesome. in fact, i thought it was his amp cranked until i asked him what he was using...

bionic

Oddly enough I just came back from my rehearsal space and just had a Super Duper revelation. I usually set my AC 30 clone clean with cut all the way off and volume on the top boost channel at about 9 oclock. I have been using a Tim pedal to get my sound to be as similar as possible to the AC 30 on about 1 to 2 oclock. I always left the first channel of the super duper on at about 10 oclock (unity) to clear up some mud and pump the signal through pedals and cables. I A/Bed tonight with the the second channel on about five o clock, master at 1 to 2 oclock and first channel at unity. It sounded way better with added clarity to my Gretsch (which had a problem with clarity) and was even better then my top boost volume on my sweet spot of two oclock. Just way punchier with more ring to chords. Get it!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom