1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Super Lead plus LP Jr

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by smcgov, May 17, 2011.

1. smcgov

smcgov Member

Always screwing around with various combos of amps and guitars, recently acquired a 2010 New LP jr (for $625!!) and finally teamed it up with my Ceriatione SL 100watt clone.... I found the P-90 to be an excellent match for my weber mass attenuated SL, liked the jumped channels (voume 2 at about 5, one at 10)

My other settings were Presence at 10, Bass at 1, Mids at 6.5 and trebele at 10....

I guess the question is, any suggestions, comments on p-90's teamed with plexi's....thx

2. CADdrafter

CADdrafter Senior Member

Humble Pie comes to mind

3. smcgov

smcgov Member

I love that tone...30 days in a hole!, I was thinking early Clash as well, seems like a perfect rythym sound..

4. smcgov

smcgov Member

almost sound like a wah engaged on the treble side....

5. CADdrafter

CADdrafter Senior Member

Are you using the stock P-90?

6. smcgov

smcgov Member

yes...been thinking about going Lollar, do people think they are worth it? I really like the guitar, had a great setup and very very resonate.

7. CADdrafter

CADdrafter Senior Member

What cab/speakers?

8. VHS analog

VHS analog Member

I have a Lollar in my LP Jr. It's smoother and more refined than the Gibson P90 which I mostly like. It doesn't have the Gibson's characteristic chainsaw mids (which I miss sometimes) if that's what you're after. If you like early Clash, stay with the stock P90s.

9. smcgov

smcgov Member

Its an 2 x 12 avatar with celestion rockdrivers (65 watts), I also have a 2 x 12 with Jenson CN 12's