Super rare Heritage score!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by brentrocks, Feb 22, 2009.

1. brentrocks

brentrocks Guitar Hack/Player Gold Supporting Member

In the never ending quest to feed my hunger for Heritage guitars, i found this super rare, near mint Mark Slaughter model. I bought it from a fellow member at the Heritage Owners Club. Mark Slaughter had a deal w/ Heritage in the early 90s, he actually had 2 models....one was a really funky, pointy thing with pickups....LOL and the other was a slightly modified H 150....i got the #20 H 150 model.
    I just got it today and after a string change and a little tweeking, it just F****G rocks!!! I was very lucky to get my hands on this beauity!!!:p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

Congrats Brent! I had one just like that and it was a great axe!

3. 5E3

5E3 Supporting Member

Really beautiful! Must be nice to have a semi-unique guitar that is just not seen everywhere else. It fits very nicely with your others too!

Congrats :AOK

4. DustBusterB

DustBusterB Member

Cool guitar!!! That Gary Moore model really has me drooling over my keyboard :love: I always wanted his Gibson signature model, I never realized he had one with Heritage. I gotta try a Heritage someday.

DBB

5. shadowbox

shadowbox Supporting Member

As an owner and admirer of Heritage guitars, I have to say Congrats! Looks like an awesome guitar - great score....:BEER

6. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Nice top and finish! :dude

7. jpage

jpage Member

Beautiful. I vow to drive the three hours to check out a Heritage dealer the next time I'm jonesing for another 'Paul. I'm almost embarrassed I've never played one of these.

8. clmazza

clmazza Supporting Member

That is indeed a killer find... SWEET!

Congrats!

9. shark_bite

shark_bite Member

That's pretty spiff. Gotta love a good Heritage. Best Gibson-style guitars out there as far as I'm concerned.

10. Doug Tulloch

Doug Tulloch Supporting Member

VERY cool, congrats! Is it the block inlay and color that sets it apart from the stock version?

11. brentrocks

brentrocks Guitar Hack/Player Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm so pumped to find this lil treasure. To all you guys that have never tried a Heritage LP...you owe it to yourself to give one a ride at your local dealer....you will have a G.A.S. attack after 15 minutes w/ one.

You are correct about the specs....it has the stock Schaller Golden 50's, which are actually a really nice PAF-ish pickup. They are pretty hot too, which i like. The neck is a little slimmer that the standard Heritage cut....more like a 70s SG.

We had some sunshine today between the lake effect snow squals (we got a foot last night:jo) So i took it out for some quick pics in the natural light.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]