Super rare TRAINWRECK LIVERPOOL!

MantraSky

Silver Supporting Member
Great video Pete, sweet tones and playing. Very natural tube distortion,
you can hear the tubes clarity, Looks beautiful, nice individual notes…

Zeppelin sounded great… and natural feedback swell to chords, nice.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Unreal amp. :bow

Funny I was just writing to my friend how there's some magic happening when you have the amp loud in the room and interact with the cab, then I see you brought the 4x12" into your control room for the same reason. :)

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
Unreal amp. :bow

Funny I was just writing to my friend how there's some magic happening when you have the amp loud in the room and interact with the cab, then I see you brought the 4x12" into your control room for the same reason. :)
I can't speak for a real Trainwreck, as mine is a clone ... but that medium-to-high (ears rings a little) volume is not a requirement. They are super sensitive, even at lower levels. These types of amps should be much more popular than they are, I moved on from JCM800s and the Trainwreck tone is a perfect progression.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
I can't speak for a real Trainwreck, as mine is a clone ... but that medium-to-high (ears rings a little) volume is not a requirement. They are super sensitive, even at lower levels. These types of amps should be much more popular than they are, I moved on from JCM800s and the Trainwreck tone is a perfect progression.
No master volume though you need to be at a certain level to get that super sweet drive going. Low and clean is not so fun :)

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Really not that loud though. I mean it’s loud but like perfect band volume.
my 50 W Marshall JMP is substantially louder.
Yes, I was replying in regards to his "but that medium-to-high (ears rings a little) volume is not a requirement." Prefect it at good band volume in that 10-2 "zone" :)

slipbeer

Gold Supporting Member
Wrecks wrule.

I got to play an Express a few times and it was sort of awe inspiring and cleansing at the same time. So dynamic and responsive when you have it cranked up to a certain point. Being in the room with the cabinet really is the best setup.

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Hey @sinasl1 , great demo, and looks like you had more fun in that one that almost any other I've seen :) . Btw, you might be too young , but I saw Max Webster open for Rush a couple of times maybe in the late 1970's in Montreal. (I live in VT, but we saw many concerts up there!) Quick question, I saw your settings at around 17:25 in the video. Were they the same throughout the whole thing? I figure yes, but wanted to ask.. .I've had the Ceriatone 'clone' of the Liverpool since the 1st year they released it, and I've always said it was 1 of my best sounding amps

Eric

2tone

Silver Supporting Member
No way really? When did you have this one? That’s cool. Tell us the story!
I bought it from Ken in 1990. This was the second Trainwreck I got directly from Ken, the first being a similarly voiced Express. He made them for me to be more blues oriented but of course they all rock. I had three Liverpools, four Express amps and a Rocket.. Every one voiced quite differently and their own thing.. Chante had the new trannies, and I also owned Ken's personal old transformer Liverpool Jenny. Very bluesy and a little cleaner even than Chante. I had Calamity Jane, a very aggressive and more rock oriented Liverpool. Chante was a shared favorite Liverpool along with Jenny. Both very even sounding, clear harmonics. I regretted to have to sell my collection but retirement and finances forced me to the reality.. I played them lots and had wonderful sonic experiences. Like you said Pete, these amps made me play slower and dwell on harmonics etc., trying to milk the goodies out of every note. They almost play themselves that way, telling you what the next note is! Great demo Pete, this is off the charts good and showcases her so well..

Keld

Silver Supporting Member
Great demo Pete. I've never played a Trainwreck but the Komet Constellation could really rock, chime, clean feedback, etc. I'm guessing it was at least in the general ballpark. That amp was a blast to play. Regrettably sold it a number of years back.

Trending Topics