Superimposing ideas - Larry and Lee

L5player

I "borrowed" a little idea from the Larry and Lee album for a solo over this track and tried to cop some of the feel of phrasing that I heard on the CD. The very beginning of the track has the "borrowed" phrase repeated twice. LOL

Anyway, I tried to be as lyrical as possible with the lead trying to keep in the spirit of Larry and Lee. :)

Mellow Jam

Jim

adlibmusic

Hi Jim, I like that! That's one of my favorite BT's. I haven't heard you use that much delay before, but it works. [Hmmm, must play around with that] Anyway, I thought it is quite lyrical, but not cluttered. Nice singing tone.

Woodyworld

Originally posted by L5player
I "borrowed" a little idea from the Larry and Lee album for a solo over this track and tried to cop some of the feel of phrasing that I heard on the CD. The very beginning of the track has the "borrowed" phrase repeated twice. LOL

Anyway, I tried to be as lyrical as possible with the lead trying to keep in the spirit of Larry and Lee. :)

Mellow Jam

Jim
Very nice!

you use some lovely dynamics in your playing. Great melodic phrasing...........must make notes

journo

Hi Jim,

Altogether wonderful music.
Chops, phrasing and sound great as usual but your main contribution to my day was wonderful music. This track goes into my iPod together with other great guitar tracks by players like Landau, Benson, Back and others.

I really liked the dynamic sound you have here. Please tell us about how you recorded it. Guitars?
Was it your POD 2.0?
I've heard enough good tracks here lately recorded with a POD 2.0 that I seriously consider buying one.

BTW, is there a place where I can download the BT with the composers permission?

Cheers,

Mats N

MusicGearGuys

Very nice Jim.
Great voicing.

I remember seeing the Larry and Lee concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Norman Brown opened.
It was then I was hooked on Jazz guitar.

Gregory

marinblues

Very lyrically voiced. Nice tone and melody which fits the mood of the backing well.

What was the guitar? Sounds like a 335.

L5player

Originally posted by marinblues
Very lyrically voiced. Nice tone and melody which fits the mood of the backing well.

What was the guitar? Sounds like a 335.
To respond to both you and Journo, the guitar was the '58 Gibson 175 and the pod pro. Not the XT. I bought before that one came out.

Journo, I put in a request for the link to the backing to Bruce Maag, the composor. Once I hear back from him I'll post the link or he might if he signs up here.

Thanks all the rest of you for the nice comments. :)

Jim

L5player

Originally posted by Fuchsaudio
Posting that backing anywhere ? It's really nice. You played quite well on it btw.
Hi Andy,

I'm trying to track that down! Should be posted soon I hope.

Jim

Trending Topics