• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Superman: Daily Planet Suite

trisonic

I got approached by the NYU/Tisch guys again.
They are working on a (what I call) a multi-media Superman website (approved by DC Comics, apparently, because it will be non-profit making).

This is the "audition" I supplied. It was approved. I've already expanded the section 0:35 to 0:47 into a full blown 3:00 epic. As a matter of interest the section 1:06 to 1:20 will form the basis of Clark turning into Superman. I have also finished the main theme but I cannot post it yet.

All of it was recorded internally using an IMac with 4 gigs of RAM. Utilizing all VI's (and some loops) bundled with Logic Pro 8 and Garageband controlled by a M-Audio KeyRig 25 - nothing outlandish. Final recording was handled by Garageband because I work fastest in that.

I've only got into this kind of production a year ago and I want to thank hansoloist (Jeff) and Frankenstrat2 (Barry) who provided much needed criticism, suggestions and best of all encouragement when I started down this route. Makes a change from churning out 12 bars, believe me!

Here it is:http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7427093

Thanks for listening.

Best, Pete.

hansoloist

Pete, that is perfect. Evokes the spirit of the golden age of superheroes very nicely. And technically it's tight as hell. Danny Elfman eat your heart out!!!!!

Bravo!

peace
-jeff

Damn Pete - I am such a fan of your music, even if it doesn't have screaming guitars!

Another really fine piece - thanks for putting it up.

trisonic

Thanks guys, I think you'll be proud of the main theme - 'cos I plagiarized one of my other toons!:D I'm turning into "A L-W".................

And David, a special thanks to you and Ann too.:love:

Just about to start work on the "Fortress of Solitude" theme - once I get a theme worked out then I do a full blown version then will take sections out and expand on them so they can pick and choose for each "cue"

Best, Pete

trisonic

Thanks you two!
Here's the funny thing my contacts at NYU/Tisch are all down at Daytona Beach - Spring Break!!! Apparently I'm older than their Fathers........:eek:

Best, Pete.

trisonic

Thanks GS6 (I have some catching up to do with your stuff too).

It's easy to forget that you are writing to a formula devised by someone else i.e. the music has to fit in with the visuals - and that determination is often out of your hands. I find the challenge stimulating; others could find it stifling, creatively. Besides, working in a genre totally different to what you grew up with expands the mind!

Thanks for taking the time everyone, Pete.

Trending Topics