Supersonic owners, can you do this with the effects loop?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by GuitarInnovations, Feb 23, 2008.

1. GuitarInnovations

GuitarInnovations Member

I noticed it has an effects loop on/off switch with the footswitch. It also has effects loop signal level controls for the in and out. Could you turn down the effects loop out and use it as a tuner mute and put a tuner on top of the amp? I have run tuners in effects loops on top of my amps for years, but have never had level or footswitch controls. It would be a great feature to be able to mute post tuner when live (if I ever get around to playing live again).

2. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

Doesn't seem like the best use of a loop and I would think the less colored the signal, the better the tuner would work.

What do you want to do? Just sent the FX out to the tuner with nothing back into the FX in, then turn the loop on for tuning and off for playing? Should work.

3. rockon1

rockon1 Member

If you dont use both jacks in the loop it wont work. You can put a patch cord in the loop and turn the levels down for muting and plug the tuner into the pre amp out jack though. Bob

4. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

trouble is, you're sending a distorted, effected, chorused, or whatever signal to your tuner, which might throw off its tracking. you're better off putting the tuner on your pedalboard in front of all that stuff. then you can use the loop for what it's good for, which is putting time-based effects and volume boosting for leads after the preamp distortion.

5. rockon1

rockon1 Member

I agree however if he doesnt use FX then its not an issue. Switch to the clean channel and youve got a clean signal into the tuner from the pre amp out jack. (not the FX loop since that would need to be jumped to do what he wants). Kind of nice the Supersonic has FX loop with controls and a pre amp out/Power amp in "loop". Bob