Supersonic vs. Supersonic Twin

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Jven, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Jven

Jven Supporting Member

Has anyone played both and tell me how they compare with each other?? I used to have a SuperSonic 60 watt and sold it (have regretted it ever since) and bought me a TRRI cause i wanted something bigger, nice amp, but I guess I'm used to fatter/darker souding amps (bassman).. So im thinking of selling the Twin Reverb and getting me another supersonic but saw the Supersonic twin and I'm considering it, my local stores don't carry the SST so I cant just go try one.. Any thoughts?

2. Jven

Jven Supporting Member

3. Longer

Longer Member

Sorry Jven, I love me some Twins, but never played the SS Twin. Now I gotta try one!

4. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I had one briefly and thought it sounded really good. The clean channel is like a Twin, but can get a bit more distorted. The drive channel is really good sounding. I thought it sounded a lot better than the SS 60. I returned it because it was ridiculously heavy. I just couldn't see schlepping that thing around every weekend. It's a big amp and really needs to be played somewhere you can open it up and carried by somebody with a strong back. If you want a Twin that can get distorted, I'd recommend it. If you get your dirt from pedals, there isn't much point.

Again though, it's really too heavy to be practical.

5. Rango

Rango Supporting Member

I owned a SS 60W... that was a F'ing LOUD 60w amp. I can't imagine wanting 100w.

I miss mine too at times, it was a good amp. I'd buy one again if I came across one cheap...