Surh Pro Serie compare to Classic .

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by JoeBob, Feb 22, 2009.

1. JoeBob

JoeBob Supporting Member

Anyone had a chance to compare both strats?

Specially ''live'', a big difference in tone ???

2. LReese

LReese Member

Probably sticking my foot in my mouth here -

I haven't tried either (I own a Suhr T), but the difference is the pro is built to a standard set of specs - Classics, etc are build to order.

I'd think tone would matter more on the individual guitar. You might have a really good Pro and maybe a average Classic.

3. trap

trap Supporting Member

from what i've gathered, everything on the pro is of the same quality as any other suhr guitar. but you don't have the options as to frets, bridge etc. so if you ordered a custom guitar with the same specs as a pro series it would be the same, only cost you more $$$$!

4. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

Other than the lack of customization, the major difference is that Pro series guitars are build on Suhr's Standard body platform. The body shape is smaller than Suhr's classic body shape (which more closely mirrors the Strat shape). I prefer the shape myself, but if you're looking for a traditional strat, it might not be your thing.

-Austin