surprise NGD!!! 1966 CAR content.

pauly-ray

So I came across a candy apple red 1966 Fender Jazzmaster about a week ago. It had some issues which made me believe I might actually be able to get into it for a reasonable amount of $. The original neck was broken, and it had a repro neck, and a couple extra holes drilled into the back of the body. Other than that it was pretty original, and most importantly, played and sounded spectacular. I have been on the hunt for a jazzmaster for a while and the right one just hadn't come along yet. I found out what the owner wanted for it and decided it was probably a bit out of my price range. I spent a few days trying to forget about it, but couldn't get it out of my head. A couple nights ago, unbeknownst to me, my wife went and negotiated a deal with the guy and bought it for me. She didn't say a word about it, called me on the phone when she got home from work and said she needed help bringing groceries in. I went downstairs expecting to find an arm load of grocery bags, and instead found a vintage guitar case. I am one lucky guy. I still can't believe she did it.
Here are a few pics I snapped of it earlier with my bassman. Like I said, it is a 1966 Fender Jazzmaster in original candy apple red with a repro neck, relic finished to match the rest of the guitar by RS Guitarworks. Life is good.

CARJM1.jpg

CARJM2.jpg

CARJM4.jpg

JefeMaximo

Huge Member
Beautiful guitar, and it's always great to have a story like that to go with it.

Thank your wife a lot and do something nice for her. Not one big thing, just a lot of small ones every day.

GibbyFan

Here in Texas we would say, "Boy, you out punted your coverage with that girl!" Nice guitar, nicer wife. Cherish both!

Drew816

Chupacabra Psychiatrist and Meme Thief
Silver Supporting Member
You're a lucky guy, that's for sure... Cool axe and cooler wife, enjoy!

wrightdude

Sweet! I had a CAR jag way back in the day around the same vintage.... still kickin myself for letting it go!

Congrats!

Nice find, and dig this bassman it's sitting against. If my wife bought me any kind of guitar I'd probably break down in tears.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom