Susan Boyle

strings2wood

Gold Supporting Member
True.
But doesn't it speak to the musican/artist in all of us when someone can finally hold the dream and make it come true......There's a little of Susan in all our hearts for sure. Therein lies the hope and aspiration of just wanting our song to be heard, appreciated and the gift affirmed.

Grenville

True.
But doesn't it speak to the musican/artist in all of us when someone can finally hold the dream and make it come true......There's a little of Susan in all our hearts for sure. Therein lies the hope and aspiration of just wanting our song to be heard, appreciated and the gift affirmed.
You got it.

PUCKBOY99

Gold Supporting Member
True.
In a nutshell...AMEN !!! :BEER

madaxeman

True.
Agree 100% Beautifully put, by the way. It definitely does keep that maybe someday dream burning inside.

jmecale72

Oh yea...I watched it several times last night and each time it brought tears to my eyes as well! Just awesome!!!!

Bodhisattva

whats with all the camera cuts and the hosts talking offstage? it almost looks staged with the editing the way it is. great voice though

I agree, i wish they'd just let her voice speak for itself. The media has to inject itself into the story a lot of times.

but yeah, good story. Substance... so that's what we've been missing all these years.

stratovarius

It just goes to show how badly people want something authentic. We're tired of airbrushed, photoshopped, auto-tuned, overdubbed schlock that's been fabricated by committees that regard the public as dogs responding to meat on a stick. We are weary of being disappointed by bronzed, veneered and painted idols who behave as though fame and fortune matter more than humility and character.

Sandy

She was on the morning shows this morning. Patti LuPone made that song famous, and she surprised Susan by being on the Early Show with her this morning. She thought she did a masterful job on a technically difficult song.

stratovarius

Perhaps it speaks to something even deeper as well - that the humanity in each of us is worth far more than would seem from any of the superficial measures of our culture.

Boggs

I would love to see (if he or she was still around) the teacher who first encouraged her to develop her music skills... That individual is a real hero in this story. Her unbridled joy at the end of the show clip is what really chokes me up. Incredibly heartwarming... What is really amazing is how as she sings in the more emotional parts of the song, her face just transforms... You only "see" her voice and emotion. It's a beautiful thing.

redpill

She was on the morning shows this morning. Patti LuPone made that song famous, and she surprised Susan by being on the Early Show with her this morning. She thought she did a masterful job on a technically difficult song.
That's cool. And you know that Broadway divas are not known for lying to people about their singing in order to make them feel good. :)

SnidelyWhiplash

Silver Supporting Member
This is nothing more than a rare triumph of the human experience. It is a
shame people tend to see & hear with their eyes. I would much rather he-
ar this than the bubble-headed blondes that rule the airwaves nowadays.

No Autotune required.

Boggs

I do sing stuff from Les Mis with a choral group and let me tell you, it is VERY challenging stuff! She was amazing, especially on that rising scale... Incredibly precise!!

Don P.

Silver Supporting Member
The part that I liked the most is when Simon was interviewing her before she sang he had the look on his face like "Oh great, another goofball" and then watching his eyes bug when she began singing.

JoeP

I saw a interview of the cast of Les Miz, who thought she did a masterful job at a very emotionally driven, technical song.

They should know. They play the song, they play the part, and they gave her 5 stars..

Enough said..

Like I said in a post somewhere,,,

She shut up the most devout cynics and critics.

The Captain

Did the big thread on this get taken down because of a pissing contest or something?
Don't blame the mods. I took it down because people were hung up on the production, instead of enjoying the talent. This thread is much nicer.

The Captain

I thought teh Herald was a bit harsh on Amanda Holden. I don't feel she was patronising with her remarks at all. I feel she was openly acknowledging the folly of it all.
Public humiliation on reality TV has become a most popular blood-sport in the modern world.

Trending Topics