Susan Tadeschi

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Kleio, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Kleio

Kleio Supporting Member

I took my 14 year old daughter to see Susan Tadeschi last night-- what a great show! My daughter is an aspiring singer and it was wonderful to see the look on her face as she watched Tadeschi do her thing for 90 mins.
    Also, I was surprised at what a great blues guitar player Tadeschi is. Great playing and great guitar tones all around-- she and her guitarist were playing humbuckers through Fender Supers and both sounded fantastic. If you get a chance to go see her and her band, I highly recommend it.

2. rickc007

rickc007 Gold Supporting Member

+1

Just saw here in Austin.
    Great show, and great tone.

She was fantastic.

I wish/should know the names of her band members.
    As they were quite good also
    A few took some nice solos, very talented group.

3. It's Time!

It's Time! Senior Member

Last Sunday I listend to the House of Blues Radio Hoiur with Elwood Blues and he played 3 Susan Tedeschi songs.

Everyone needs to go buy Susan's CD's and see her in concert :BluesBros

4. phusana

phusana Member

Susan Tedeschi is a great singer, love her voice! That girl can wail! I got to see her early on since she's a local gal. You do know she's married to Derek Trucks, right? I always thought that she would be a great choice to at least do the voice overs if anyone did a Janis Joplin bio film.

5. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Were you at the Reno show? I was there, great show again from Susan. I've seen her 4 times, she is great.

James Hunter's voice was pretty shot, but I still liked the vibe.

6. R.Kirkland

R.Kirkland Member

Susan Rules!!!!!!

I happened upon her first CD on a whim in 98 .. saw it at walmart while just browsing, and something told me to get it .. all I could say was WOW .. still have it! and she is now my wifes favorite artist.. it was jewel...

i really hate that we missed the show here in Dallas.. Busy got the better of us..

7. thewhit

thewhit Silver Supporting Member

She's a favorite of mine and I've seen her 3-4 times with her band and she once did a 3 song medley with the Allman Bros. Always first rate and a pleasure to be at one of her shows.

She and Derek just worked together on his Album at their new home studio ( not too sure where home is these days) and he commented how great it is to drop the kids at school, go home and write in the studio. Right now he's in Atlanta rehearsing new Allman Bros. material. I really like Susan and Derek's commitment to music and their family.

8. jjboogie

jjboogie Member

I remember when she used to date Sean Costello back in the day.....she used to come in and we would jam on Big Mama Thorton stuff together.....she used to make peoples mouths drop......actually she still does! She has always had a thing for those younger guitar virtuosos! :)

9. way2blu

way2blu Member

I was fortunate enough to get 3rd row tickets (just to the right of centre stage) to one of Susan's shows last year. Absolutely amazing! She rocked the house!

10. DiazDude

DiazDude Member

She's amazing!! She & Derek are such nice people too.
    I took these pics in 2003 @ Gathering of the Vibes...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

Wish I had known about that!

So James Hunter is opening for her?
    I'd like to catch him too.

I also agree that she could do a great Janis.
    One of her performances on Conan O'Brien reminded me of her.

12. DGDGBD

DGDGBD Member

I met her, actually sat next to her, on a flight to Chicago last November. She has a very sweet, friendly, down-to-earth personality to boot.

13. Aldo

Aldo Member

I 1st saw her opening for Jeff Beck. When she did "It Hurts So Bad" she floored the audience. She killed it. I bought her 1st Cd the next day & I've been a fan ever since. Every album of hers is excellent & I catch her whenever she's in my area.

14. mazman

mazman Supporting Member

To me, she's sounds like a female Paul Rodgers, which I LOVE!

15. Julia343

Julia343 Member

16. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

She is one of the bestest ever IMO! Look up her doing The Weight (aretha style) with DT on slide...

side note: I love the way she "dresses up" ! I doubt you will ever see her in a t shirt and holey jeans onstage..

17. Kleio

Kleio Supporting Member

Yea, we were at the Reno show. I agree that Hunter's voice was a little ragged but he and his band were pretty damn good. He reminded me a little of Tommy Castro and his band.

18. patl

patl Member

Very cool to hear. I haven't seen her for 8 or 10 years; at that time she was fantastic on vocals but really rough on the guitar. She was backed by Double Trouble, and Keb Mo opened for her.

I love her voice, it's great to hear that her guitar playing is complementing that wail well now.

19. Kleio

Kleio Supporting Member

I just read that Tadeschi didn't start playing the guitar until 1995! No wonder I noticed such a huge improvement in her guitar playing. Also, I guess it doesn't hurt to have Derek Trucks in the same house for the past 8 years!!

20. B Vance

B Vance Member

Seeing Susan and Derek do their Soul Stew Revival was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Susan's voice is spectacular and the perfect match for Derek's playing.