SwanPro Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Axemeister, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

I have heard just a bit about these amps, and Forum member Don DiMasi has already given me some info, but I would love to know if anybody else around here has any experience with SwanPro amps.

2. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

..by the way, I have seen info and samples at website already...I was just seeking some more first-hand info

3. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

Even without any I response on this thread, I just traded a guitar for one of the 20 watt Swanpro combo based on some sound samples and a couple of responses... Report to follow.

4. CitizenCain

CitizenCain Member

I know Don used to make the cabs for SwanPro. I tried one of the 20w heads with a 1x12 bottom a couple of years ago at Wildwood. It was a brief tryout, but I recall being pretty impressed with the sound and the range of control available with the tone controls. Not much help, but that's all I got :D

5. RandK

RandK Silver Supporting Member

I've also got a 20w combo. Voxy chime with lots of hair towards Marshall with gobs of gain with the boost. Good dynamics and control with the guitar volume but not a lot of clean headroom from a 2xEL84 anyways. Very good master and at lower volumes too. Enjoy.

6. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

Those are the attributes that I am hoping to find in this amp...Thanks!