1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Swart Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jshows12, May 20, 2011.

1. jshows12

jshows12 Member

Does anyone know about swart amps? I am doing some research before contacting them.

2. argylespots

argylespots Supporting Member

i have an atomic space tone and like it alot. great reverb and trem and breaks up real nice. what are you looking for?

3. jshows12

jshows12 Member

well I like the thought a low wattage recording/church amp.

4. Shnook

Shnook Member

I've had my Swart Space Tone for a few years and never had a problem with it. The folks at Swart are nice to deal with and stand behind their products. I highly recommend their amps. I have quite a few amps and my Space Tone is the only amp I've turned on for over a month now.

5. trwigg

trwigg Member

I have owned every Swart amp except the new Atom and they are all really nice for what they do and on top of that Michael is a super guy. Also, ths Swart Atomic Boost is really fun to run through any of the Swart stuff. If you buy one you won't regret it. I own several amps but I think I will always have at least one Swart amp in the herd.

6. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

Sorry to be "that guy", but there are a TON of very informative Swart threads if you do a search

:hide2

7. lang.murphy

lang.murphy Member

I was the proud owner of "Ole #5," one of the first group of STR's with birch cabs instead of pine, and I loved it. Sorry I sold it. Very sorry... but there are a few amps that I'm sorry I sold. That said, Kelly at Swart responds to email queries quickly and puts up with one's frequent, sometimes dumb, questions.

I'd have to say Swart amps rank at the top of the heap in my eyes and, of course, ears.

8. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

I've owned(own) a bunch of Swarts...most recently an ATOM...I love them...they're definitely on the older Fender tip but they have they're own thing going...pretty loud for how low the wattage is on most models...not a ton of clean headroom but break up nice and are very harmonically rich...Kelly and Michael are super cool to deal with and provide excellent customer service...I highly recommend them...

9. jshows12

jshows12 Member

Thanks Guys. @ Gary I asked because I wanted other peoples current opinion.

10. ES330

ES330 Member

I've been playing with the idea of getting an AST Pro
    From all the sound samples, I think the pro cab sounds far better
    than the standard AST

11. Greg V.

Greg V. Member

I LOVE my Swarts AST PRO and Atom. Stu at Fat Sound Guitars turned me onto to them in 2004 when they started out and they've been a mainstay in my musical life.

12. GuitarTone

GuitarTone Senior Member

My buddies two Swarts arrived yesterday, he's in heaven. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]